RPI zero w "No wireless interfaces found"

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Lsperlin

RPI zero w "No wireless interfaces found"

Post by Lsperlin »

Hi,

I bought a Rpi Zero W from you guys a couple days ago and can't get it to work with wifi at all.
I set it up with a monitor and keyboard yet when I try with use the GUI to connect it only says "no wireless interfaces found".
I have done many hours of troubleshooting and workarounds trying to get it to work but can't for the life of me....
There seem to be a number of people that have this problem but no clear solution (many people suggest its a bad pi)
I've a couple pi's already and am not a beginner so I know (at least a little :) ) what I'm doing.
I flashed several different os's and used many SD cards trying to make sure that I wasn't missing something obvious but they all failed to show wifi options.
I even tried the SD card in a separate pi and that worked.

I would like to exchange this pi for one a different one.
I just need this project to go really soon.
Thanks for the great work you guys do.

Luke

mikeysklar

Re: RPI zero w "No wireless interfaces found"

Post by mikeysklar »

Luke,

Thanks for trying various Pi's and OS's. Usually the issue is an older Pi OS release or the timezone not being set so WiFi gets disabled. If your card worked on other Pi Zero's then it is likely the WiFi itself.

Please send an e-mail to [email protected] requesting a replacement and be sure to include your order# and a link to this forum thread.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”