Bluetooth connection not happening

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
TimonLovesHazel

Bluetooth connection not happening

Post by TimonLovesHazel »

We have not been able to establish a bluetooth connection to our Adafruit 020 glasses no matter what we tried using the bluefruit connect apps. We tried an iPhone and a Macpro, but the device never showed up. The bluefruit connect app shows other devices in the house. We also tried taking it away from the house in case something was interfering, but again the glasses never showed up on the list of devices. We also thought that plugging the device into a USB-C port would allow for a connection, but all that did was provide power in place of the battery. What are we doing wrong?

dastels

Re: Bluetooth connection not happening

Post by dastels »

What code are you running on the controller board?

Dave

TimonLovesHazel

I have forgotten how to check since it has been so long since I posted this issue, but I do remember updating to the latest version at the time.

dastels

Post by dastels »

But what application code? It has to be "doing" bluetooth for it to be discoverable and connect-to-able.

Dave

TimonLovesHazel

It is loaded with what it shipped with. The Eyelights Glasses operates straight out of the box once it is assembled. Now, we would like to connect to it using the Bluefruit Connect app on the iPhone.

dastels

Post by dastels »

I don't remember what's on them by default,m ,but I don't believe it has bluetooth support. You'll have to add that.

have a look at this thread viewtopic.php?f=59&t=185041 which is about the same thing.

Dave

TimonLovesHazel

So amongst the 30 posts was one post that actually answered the question. Regrettably, this code was not included in the default code loaded in the glasses and many people are struggling with this issue. Here is the solution posted by jerryn for your reference:

"The default code does not have any BLE functionality. You have to load this demo https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-eye ... e-scroller -- There is a .uf2 file provided so just drag/drop it to the board after putting it into bootloader mode (double tap reset)."

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”