Bluetooth 4.0 USB Module (PID: 1327) - which keyboard will i
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Bluetooth 4.0 USB Module (PID: 1327) - which keyboard will i

by lanwarrior on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:10 am

I have purchased so many different bluetooth dongle for my Pi B+ (Plugable, no-name brand, etc.) and NONE of them works with any of my bluetooth devices: Logitech K810 keyboard, Amazon own-brand keyboard and Logitech M555 mouse.

All of these bluetooth dongles are running and recognized by Wheezy, but seems something either broke with the hardware or the installed bluetooth packages. The Bluetooth GUI won't even start in LXDE (the "B" icon is there though).

So I am thinking of purchasing the Bluetooth dongle from Adafruit (PID: 1327), but can anyone comment if this works with the above devices? If yes, how did you get it to work?

lanwarrior

Re: Bluetooth 4.0 USB Module (PID: 1327) - which keyboard wi

by adafruit2 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 12:22 pm

If other adapters don't work at all, its unlikely the one we have will magically work. We use Bluez not any GUI interface. It worked for us with EZ-Key but each keyboard may be different!

https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... spberry-pi

please note, this is NOT A GUARANTEE! It's just what we use with EZ-Key on the Pi which is a bluetooth 'keyboard'

adafruit2
Site Admin

by lanwarrior on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:41 pm

Thanks for the quick response.

After further testing, I believe the issue is either with the Wheezy OS or the Bluez software.

All the BT dongles I have tried are recognized in the OS, started and can "see" other BT devices within vicinity (hci scan). It just won't connect to the BT keyboards

Maybe I can ask you this: using your BT dongle and the EZ-Key, when you try to pair both of them, does it ask you for a PIN/Passkey? This is what I see with all the BT keyboard I tried to pair.

lanwarrior

by adafruit2 on Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:55 pm

it might, try 1234 as the pass

adafruit2
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.