Bluetooth Audio Transmitter
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Bluetooth Audio Transmitter

by Herrmannc1899 on Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:32 pm

Hello fruity crew.

I have been experimenting with some bluetooth technology in some of my arduino projects, and that got me thinking. How do those little cheapy bluetooth speakers work? They sell them for like twenty buck all over the place.

I have half a mind to buy one and take it apart just for the transmitter, and then hook it up to one of your Amps. Of course, I would much rather be able to buy a chipset/breakout board with one of these transmitters ready to go.

Do you know of any prototype friendly methods of integrating bluetooth audio into a project?
If so, would you kindly point me in the right direction?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
~Chris

Herrmannc1899

Re: Bluetooth Audio Transmitter

by adafruit_support_rick on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:15 am

The bluetooth modules in speakers will be client devices. You couldn't turn them around and use them to transmit to other speakers, if that's what you have in mind.

adafruit_support_rick

by Herrmannc1899 on Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:44 pm

adafruit_support_rick wrote:The bluetooth modules in speakers will be client devices. You couldn't turn them around and use them to transmit to other speakers, if that's what you have in mind.

Sorry, I was throwing around my words a little bit. To be a little more clear, I am interested in building my own bluetooth speaker.

What sort of bluetooth hardware would I need for that?

Herrmannc1899

by adafruit_support_rick on Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:48 am

You would need a BT receiver and a microcontroller running the BT Audio stack. Your original idea was probably the best - hack an existing BT speaker.

adafruit_support_rick

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.