cc3000 breakout sending data to android app
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

cc3000 breakout sending data to android app

by steelnoe on Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:56 pm

Hello Good Day,
I have a thesis project called the "The Violet". We will make a device that can be strap to any ones arm that will measure the Ultraviolet rays (UV Indexes) and send it to an Android app. The Android Phone will turn On its Wifi Hotspot and the CC3000 breakout will auto connect to it and Send UV Indexes data. What I am curious about is how the data can be transmitted through CC3000 breakout. Is it possible to transmit data to an Android App with a hotspot capable android phone?

BTW, I am using "SI1145 Digital UV Index / IR / Visible Light Sensor" from adafruit (it will arrive few days from now) and Adafruit CC3000 breakout board and Arduino Nano 3.0.

Thank you.

steelnoe

Re: cc3000 breakout sending data to android app

by adafruit_support_rick on Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:41 am

Set up the Android App to listen for TCP connections. Create a TCP client on the Arduino, and connect to the Android app. Then you can send the data.

This tutorial does something similar - it gets data (temperature and humidity) from a sensor, and sends it to a server over TCP. In the tutorial, the server is Xively; in your case, the server will be your Android app. However, the Arduino code will be very similar in both cases.
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cc3 ... ino-sketch

adafruit_support_rick

Re: cc3000 breakout sending data to android app

by steelnoe on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:52 am

Thank you so much Adafruit for your immediate response. We will do what you just told. We will just ask you again soon if we needed help. This project really means so much to us as graduating students. Thank you so much, God bless.

steelnoe

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.