FONA 3G MQTT Library
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

FONA 3G MQTT Library

by narutokazoke on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:44 am

I am trying to use the FONA 3G to connect to Amazon cloud where we are hosting an MQTT broker. i've downloaded all the libraries and am trying to use the mqtt_fona example to connect. However, since i have a 3G and not a normal FONA, it isn't working. Is there a different MQTT library i can use for the FONA 3G? I've already tested the cellular and GPS connections and both are working, now i'm just trying to publish some information to the broker on the server. There is no authentication on the server as well.

narutokazoke

Re: FONA 3G MQTT Library

by motorregelung on Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:46 am

AWS uses SSL and the fona doesn't support it ....

motorregelung

Re: FONA 3G MQTT Library

by StephanieBoldt on Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:34 am

narutokazoke wrote:I am trying to use the FONA 3G to connect to Amazon cloud where we are hosting an MQTT broker. i've downloaded all the libraries and am trying to use the mqtt_fona example to connect. However, since i have a 3G and not a normal FONA, it isn't working. Is there a different MQTT library i can use for the FONA 3G? I've already tested the cellular and GPS connections and both are working, now i'm just trying to publish some information to the broker on the server. There is no authentication on the server as well.

This is a very basic thing FONA doesn't support SSL. Whereas, Amazon uses SSL. I think you need to know more about Amazon hosting server. Perhaps, you should read the Cloudways blog cloudways.com/blog/aws-for-beginners/. In which you will get to know everyting that one needs to know at the beginner level . Moreover, you should read some basics of fona as well.

StephanieBoldt

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.