Fona bootlops when SIM-card is instaled

Adafruit cellular platform - SMS and IoT over celluar

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mafofpv

Fona bootlops when SIM-card is instaled

Post by mafofpv »

i have the fona 3G and am trying to make it acsept the sim card. i used the eksampel code in the library. its caled FONAtest. it workes fine with GPS and everything when the sim card is not instaled. when i insert the card the problems begin. it beegins to bootloop, even if the key pin is not conekted to ground. its on for long enoth to make contakt with it. it outputs something difrent in the serial monitor than ususal. this just repeets itsel. i haved used both a battry and a buck converter hooked up as a battry and nothing changes. i have tried to difrent sim cards btw. the green and red ligts are olso blinking with about 1sek on and off time. they are blinking the same at the same time. sry for bad enlish, its not my first language.

+VOICEMAIL: INIT_STATE, 0, 0

START

+STIN: 25

+CPIN: READY

SMS DONE

PB DONE

START

SMS DONE

START

SMS DONE

PB DONE

mafofpv

Re: Fona bootlops when SIM-card is instaled

Post by mafofpv »

i found the problem and if som one else is having the same problem i have some difrent things you coiuld try:
first switch the powercables for some that are alot thiker ones. they whould have a lot lesser voltage drop when it send somthing and uses a lot of power.
check the sim if it will work with your module

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “FONA”