Feather FONA USB Error Message

Adafruit cellular platform - SMS and IoT over celluar

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ArduinoGuru

Feather FONA USB Error Message

Post by ArduinoGuru »

I have a Feather 32u4 FONA and I was able to successfully upload code to it for a while (for half an hour or so), then randomly it started not recognizing the Feather, and no COM port even shows up. When I press the reset button, the red light blinks, and after it's done blinking I get the following error in Windows 10: "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it." When I go to Device Manager it says "Device Descriptor Request Failed". Sounds like the ATmega32u4 isn't communicating properly.

I'm also positive it's not an issue with my USB cable or computer because I plugged in my Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE and it worked just fine.

I've tried reconnecting the device, restarting Arduino IDE, pressing the reset button, all to no avail. I think my board might be defective because I didn't do anything to it (no external wiring, etc.)

Is my board defective?

adafruit_support_rick

Re: Feather FONA USB Error Message

Post by adafruit_support_rick »

ArduinoGuru

Post by ArduinoGuru »

Yes, that's one of the first things I looked at. The problem is that there's no COM port at all, so I can't even attempt to upload a sketch to it.

ArduinoGuru

Post by ArduinoGuru »

Update: I tried again anyway and just uploaded without any port selected, and it worked! Strange.

Anyway, this is resolved, thanks!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “FONA”