FONA 4G replacement for current 3G boards ?

Adafruit cellular platform - SMS and IoT over celluar

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jimk123

Re: FONA 4G replacement for current 3G boards ?

Post by jimk123 »

It is nice to know how often the bilge pumps cycle. I also have a solid state relay that can turn on and off the AC and then I can monitor the inside temp and see it cooling.

Not sure I would feel comfortable starting an engine, would have to make sure the raw water sea valve is open and from a safety issue if there was a mechanic onboard for any reason having a way to lock it out for safety.

It is amazing anything is possible as long as you have cellular device that can send and receive txt messages. In my code for security and safety I programmed two phone numbers that are allowed to send messages and it ignores all others. I can send it a txt message and update those dynamically. It uses eeprom to stores a dozen or so parameters, I can turn off alarms when I plan to be onboard.

I also used an external I2c eeprom board to create an event log of various alert conditions , eg bilge pump on, bilge pump off with a time stamp, so I can send a txt message and receive a series of responses of past alerts.

Tkall

Post by Tkall »

It might be interesting to talk.

jim_lee

Post by jim_lee »

I'm living on the same island as the inheritor of Balmar co. Or at least part of it. They are still doing charge controllers. I can try to look him up. I'm betting he'd be interested in the project.

I've worked with the 2G Feather FONA. I suspect 3G is gone here. But so far 2G still seems to be running.

-jim lee

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “FONA”