Fona status leds too dim

Adafruit cellular platform - SMS and IoT over celluar

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bfge

Fona status leds too dim

Post by bfge »

Hi , today i powered up my adafruit fona 808 for the first time in the last few years and it works but the status leds are too dim , but the charging leds are fine. What could cause this?

mikeysklar

Re: Fona status leds too dim

Post by mikeysklar »

@bfge,

Are you running the FONA with charged LiPo battery attached? It draws a lot of current so it will always need a battery not just wall power.
The microUSB (on the shield, in CHARGE mode and powered via USB or DC power) is only used to charge the battery. Without a battery installed it will flicker on and off so it cannot be used to power a FONA minus battery.

bfge

Post by bfge »

mikeysklar wrote:@bfge,

Are you running the FONA with charged LiPo battery attached? It draws a lot of current so it will always need a battery not just wall power.
The microUSB (on the shield, in CHARGE mode and powered via USB or DC power) is only used to charge the battery. Without a battery installed it will flicker on and off so it cannot be used to power a FONA minus battery.
Yes, the battery was fully charged and its in good condition (i tested it in another project and its fine )

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

@bfge,

Can I see a photo of the battery leads disconnected from the FONA. I want to get passed this part, but with the FONA we have had so many battery issues with third party packs not working correctly. How many mAh is the LiPo?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “FONA”