FONA 3G European Version Not found

Adafruit cellular platform - SMS and IoT over celluar

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mihai93

FONA 3G European Version Not found

Post by mihai93 »

Hello , I have a Fona 3G European Version .I have tried working with an Arduino Nano 33 IoT on my project but before reaching the Nano I decided to test if everything works correctly .I have soldered the pins on the FONA , and i have made a direct connection to the PC. Via X-CTU i have tested AT command and everything worked. I then moved to an Arduino Nano , and the FONA3G_setbaud at first gave me "Couldn't find FONA" error. At second run it worked, then i tried FONAtest script , and at first it failed but in the third try i worked.After trying to switch to Arduino Nano , and getting nothing on the Serial communication i wanted to test the code on the UNO and I kept getting -1 on serial. I then tried to go back to the original configuration using the FONAtest code and since then i have only been receiving the "Couldn't find FONA" error . I have tried resetting the FONA with AT&F command and with ATZ(both done in X-CTU) both giving OK, but still no way to communicate via Serial with UNO .I have even tried a second UNO same issue. I believe the problem to be with the FONA module but i am not sure hot to check or debug the serial ports.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “FONA”