What module should I use?

Adafruit cellular platform - SMS and IoT over celluar

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
theaddies

What module should I use?

Post by theaddies »

I am looking to build a solar powered remote weather station. I am interested in collecting the data via an Arduino, although probably just a atmega 328p without the Arduino boot loader. I would then like to periodically send the data via text message so that it might be collected and graphed. I studied the Adafruit website and it wasn't clear to me what cellular device I should use. I want this to be compatible with cellular networks for a good many years into the future. I only want to transmit SMS. I do not intend to do voice. What module and SIM card are most appropriate and future proof? Thanks,

Tkall

Re: What module should I use?

Post by Tkall »

Apparently Adafruit no longer has such a product. 3G is being phased out and that is where Adafruit ends. I have suggested that they look at the Digi xbee cellular and perhaps develop a set of libraries for that because it has all the necessary approvals but have never had any response to my suggestion form Adafruit.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: What module should I use?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Digi’s boards are good, but we don’t happen to carry them. We do have Particle boards with cellular support:

https://www.adafruit.com/?q=particle&sort=BestMatch

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “FONA”