Node Red Config to subscribe to IO???

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
sydkahn

Node Red Config to subscribe to IO???

Post by sydkahn »

Have Been having an absolute blast playing with my 8266s and Raspberry Pis, Python, mqtt and Node red on the RPI. Having installed MQTT on the pi and set up some Node-RED flows I reached a speed bump.

I used the random nerds tutorial to install MQTT on the PI and have it intercept data from one of my NodeMCU boards. My next step was to take this data and send it on to Adafruit. However I have not been able to configure the Node-RED MQTT output node to successfully connect to io.adafruit.com so i can update some feeds there.

The tab for setting up a SSL node involves certificates that I don't have or available on IO.

Is there a Node-RED guru that has successfully connected to IO.Adafruit and can offer some assistance on configuration?

sydkahn

Re: Node Red Config to subscribe to IO???

Post by sydkahn »

I am a dummy - Lady Adda had it in her documentation - so never really had a prob;lem - just needed to dig around in the docs....

Thanks for the wonderful documentation - https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-io/mqtt-api

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”