adafruit.io Error

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
DMAjic

adafruit.io Error

Post by DMAjic »

Are there any clues in this message as to the problem that generates the 405 error? I've typed and retyped several times but cannot find the problem.

[ERROR] - Base station 3DFD - 2 seconds
405 - Not Allowed - #1
POST https://io.adafruit.com/DMAjic/dashboar ... mperatures HTTP/1.0
content-length : 307
accept-encoding : gzip,deflate
accept-language : fr
host : io.adafruit.com
user-agent : SIGFOX
accept-charset : UTF-8;q=0.9,*;q=0.7
x-aio-key : 45b633d708b049e5a83ea6bbb0b2e656
content-type : application/x-www-form-urlencoded

{
"feeds":
[
{
"key":"tempDn",
"value":"69"
},
{
"key":"tempUp",
"value":"{ customData#tempUp}"
},
{
"key":"voltage",
"value":"602"
}
]
}

mfalkvidd

Re: adafruit.io Error

Post by mfalkvidd »

My guess is that Sigfox doesn't like getting JSON data when the content-type is set to application/x-www-form-urlencoded

Either encode the data as www-form-urlencoded or set content-type to application/json

abachman

Re: adafruit.io Error

Post by abachman »

Hi DMAjic,

mfalkvidd is right, the Adafruit IO service is complaining (i.e., returning an HTTP 405 error code) because you're sending JSON encoded data (content-type: application/json), but telling the server it's form encoded (application/x-www-form-urlencoded).

We're already pretty liberal with what kind of data formats we'll accept, but if the request claims one, but sends another, you're going to have a bad time :(

Also, I recommend regenerating your Adafruit IO key now that it's public knowledge. That key should be kept private, since it allows read/write access to all your stored data.

- Adam B.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”