IDEAS: DASHBOARD BLOCK SUGGESTIONS
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: IDEAS: DASHBOARD BLOCK SUGGESTIONS

by DevilWAH on Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:17 pm

[quote="va3rom"]Can't figure out this blogging stuff so I hope this finds someone somewhere out there who can answer my question.

Trying to program Indicator block using the programming logic I learned 45 years ago.

I want to indicate out-of-bound status of values when < -20 OR > 20 but when I tried to do this with the IO Indicator block I had to write it as > -20 AND < 20. Could someone explain to me why the logical construct has to be reversed to work?

I've tried to attach screen captures but it's very confusing to me.

Thank you,
Robert

this is because which way you have the colours selected.
If you have the top colour green and bottom Red then you have to do the logic one way, if you have the top picker red and bottom green you have the logic opposite

If you read what is says is states "if the logic matches it will display the "ON" colour, and if it does not it displays the "off Colour"

< -20 OR >20 is true any value that is not between -20 and +20 so for 10 it will show the "OFF" colour and for -30 or +30 it will show the "ON" colour

> -20 and < +20 is true for any value between -20 and +20. So for 10 it will now show "ON" colour and for -30 or +30 it will show the "OFF" colout

I noticed this, you just have to think which of the colour pickers is the "ON" colour and which is "OFF" in your example you logic is to pick the "OK" temp, not the out of bounds temp.
Last edited by DevilWAH on Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DevilWAH

by DevilWAH on Sun Dec 22, 2019 3:24 pm

How about a block to display a video feed, either streamed of youtube (streamming) link.

I have been building a dashboard for my fish-tanks to show temperatures and light status, etc. I also have a webcam streaming so it would be great to create a dashboard with a frame to show that video.

Video would of course all be dealt with client side but for people who may want to create a dashboard like this for monitoring, or for remotely controlling something over the web, introducing an ability to view video in the dashboard could be really helpful.

DevilWAH

by laird_trimble on Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:11 pm

How about for the chart block, adding the ability to have a log axis rather than linear?

laird_trimble

by johnsmith101 on Thu Jan 16, 2020 2:17 am

I would like to have a selectable time axis in line charts without editing the dashboard.

johnsmith101

by DevilWAH on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:21 am

I would like upvote buttons on this thread so we can indicate the popular ones

DevilWAH

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.