Missing grid lines on graph block

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
chrisshawvfx

Missing grid lines on graph block

Post by chrisshawvfx »

There seems to have been an update to the graph block. It's moved the legend to the top, which I don't object to, but gridlines have disappeared, which I do

nagrom78

Re: Missing grid lines on graph block

Post by nagrom78 »

chrisshawvfx wrote:There seems to have been an update to the graph block. It's moved the legend to the top, which I don't object to, but gridlines have disappeared, which I do
I don’t think it’s intentional something is definitely acting up today. Grid lines disappeared and and the text and graph lines look “fuzzy” on my iOS and Windows devices. Everything looked good for years until today.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

We did update the charting library recently (same library, newer version). We're looking into the reports. I can confirm the grid line issue and will hopefully push a fix for it today.

Thanks for reporting!

chrisshawvfx

Post by chrisshawvfx »

jwcooper wrote:We did update the charting library recently (same library, newer version). We're looking into the reports. I can confirm the grid line issue and will hopefully push a fix for it today.

Thanks for reporting!
Thanks. It seems substantially slower too, particularly on mobile browsers

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

chrisshawvfx wrote:
jwcooper wrote:We did update the charting library recently (same library, newer version). We're looking into the reports. I can confirm the grid line issue and will hopefully push a fix for it today.

Thanks for reporting!
I'm not able to reproduce this yet, but will keep trying. We went from a beta release of a charting library to a much more recent version of the same charting library. The change on IO was quite minimal, so I have at least something to narrow it down a bit.

chrisshawvfx

Post by chrisshawvfx »

jwcooper wrote:
chrisshawvfx wrote:

Thanks for reporting!
I'm not able to reproduce this yet, but will keep trying. We went from a beta release of a charting library to a much more recent version of the same charting library. The change on IO was quite minimal, so I have at least something to narrow it down a bit.
Grid lines are back, thanks!

Interactively navigating to a dashboard seems pretty quick. It's a reload that takes a long time

nagrom78

Post by nagrom78 »

Grid lines are back on mine too. Big issue is the loading time is very very slow up to 45 seconds to load the page on a 1.2Gbs internet connection.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

Do you have a public dashboard I could test with?

If not, can you describe how many charts or feeds you have on your dashboards?

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

We've temporarily rolled back the charting changes until we can figure out the slow loading issues. Thanks for reporting this!

nagrom78

Post by nagrom78 »

Thank you for looking into this! I can report that everything appears to be back to normal now!

chrisshawvfx

Post by chrisshawvfx »

jwcooper wrote:We've temporarily rolled back the charting changes until we can figure out the slow loading issues. Thanks for reporting this!
I see we're back to the new library. Gridlines have vanished again, and my dashboard takes about 17s to load, rather than the 4s with the old library

nagrom78

Post by nagrom78 »

Having the exact same issue again. Things were great for a week now it takes about 20 seconds to load and grid lines are gone.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

chrisshawvfx wrote:
jwcooper wrote:We've temporarily rolled back the charting changes until we can figure out the slow loading issues. Thanks for reporting this!
I see we're back to the new library. Gridlines have vanished again, and my dashboard takes about 17s to load, rather than the 4s with the old library
You're right, and that was in error. We've deployed the fixed charts again. Thanks for reporting!

sipan1313

Post by sipan1313 »

If not all boards have adafruit_bus_device, it would be nice to see which boards (in the module support matrix) have adafruit_bus_device builtin. However, that might be a more complicated solution given that the matrix seems to be generated with a py script (I think). So, that should probably be a separate issue.

The presence or absence of adafruit_bus_device is included in the latest (7.0.0) docs. There is also a very nice dynamic search capability: https://circuitpython.readthedocs.io/en ... atrix.html.

If you would like to submit a simple PR for the doc errors, that would be great. If not, we can do it.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”