list-uarts.py in Adafruit_BluefruitLE python code on RPi sto

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
sthor69

list-uarts.py in Adafruit_BluefruitLE python code on RPi sto

Post by sthor69 »

I don't know whether this is the correct forum, but I didn't find a more suitable one.

I installed the Adafruit_BluefruitLE code on the Raspberry Pi 3.
Everytime I launch the list_uarts.py example, everything seems ok, but after a few tens of seconds the code stops with the following error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "list_uarts.py", line 60, in <module>
ble.run_mainloop_with(main)
File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/Adafruit_BluefruitLE/bluez_dbus/provider.py", line 118, in _user_thread_main
File "list_uarts.py", line 43, in main
found = set(UART.find_devices())
File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/Adafruit_BluefruitLE/services/servicebase.py", line 50, in find_devices
File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/Adafruit_BluefruitLE/interfaces/provider.py", line 110, in find_devices
File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/Adafruit_BluefruitLE/bluez_dbus/provider.py", line 168, in list_devices
File "build/bdist.linux-armv7l/egg/Adafruit_BluefruitLE/bluez_dbus/device.py", line 53, in __init__
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 544, in connect_to_signal
dbus_interface, **keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 369, in connect_to_signal
**keywords)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 157, in add_signal_receiver
watch = self.watch_name_owner(bus_name, callback)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 373, in watch_name_owner
return NameOwnerWatch(self, bus_name, callback)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 80, in __init__
arg0=bus_name)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 160, in add_signal_receiver
self.add_match_string(str(match))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 398, in add_match_string
BUS_DAEMON_IFACE, 'AddMatch', 's', (rule,))
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 651, in call_blocking
message, timeout)
dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.LimitsExceeded: Connection ":1.35" is not allowed to add more match rules (increase limits in configuration file if required)

luopio

Re: list-uarts.py in Adafruit_BluefruitLE python code on RPi

Post by luopio »

hughanderson

Re: list-uarts.py in Adafruit_BluefruitLE python code on RPi

Post by hughanderson »

Hi Sthor69, Luopio,
Sorry for cross post - just saw this one as well. I wondered if you had had any joy getting past this?
I am running a recent copy of bluez/adafruitBLE/Ubuntu/rpi3, and have the same sort of issues.
I am unable to do a connect, and run into this error, using code that works fine on OSX.
Were you able to find a solution/workaround?
One thing that I have noticed different between the OSX and Rpi/Ubuntu versions of my software is that the OSX and Ubuntu/rpi3 versions report just a single advertised service with my BLE device, before and after a connection: [UUID('00002220-XXXX')], but after I try to do a connect, the OSX version continues to report a single service, but the Ubuntu/rpi3 version reports four: [UUID('00001800-XXXX'),UUID('00001801-XXXX'),UUID('0000180a-XXXX'),UUID('00002220-XXXX')]
By the way, I have tried both raspbian and Ubuntu-mate, and also older versions of bluez (5.33), and the same issue happens each time - an error about match-rules when I try to connect...
Cheers Hugh

hughanderson

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”