Dashboard toggles not working as expected
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Dashboard toggles not working as expected

by Edabrams on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:03 pm

I was working with the adafruitio_07_digital_out example script on a NodeMCU board. I created a feed with a toggle block and when I tested it out I got a "low" each time but never a "high". I then changed to a momentary push button block and it responded with a "high" and a "low" which exonerates my code on the NodeMCU. So is there a missing step in creating in the toggle block or is something broken?

Edabrams

Re: Dashboard toggles not working as expected

by Wesperos on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Just started playing with Huzzah and experiencing the same problem!
Did you find any solution by now?

What I just found that works, is to replace "ON" and "OFF" options on the toggle button with "1" and "0".

Wesperos

by jwcooper on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Hi, thanks for the details. We'll take a look at this and see if there is a bug on our end.

Thanks!

jwcooper

by jwcooper on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:14 pm

I'm not able to re-create this issue. Can you go to the following page (replacing your username in it): https://io.adafruit.com/{username}/monitor

Let me know what values are sent for each of your 'high' or 'low'? When I press the toggle, everything looks good to me for the data being sent out of the dashboard. If I send data via the API, it also works just fine to remotely toggle the switch.

Also, the momentary button will send 2 values on each full press/release of the button. That is as designed for that button (you can click and hold, and then know when you released, etc).

jwcooper

by grabberson on Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:15 pm

I see this exact same problem. I'm using a HUZZAH. Followed the tutorial "Adafruit IO Basics: Digital Output" exactly. It doesn't work due to the toggle always sending "LOW". Replaced the default "ON" and "OFF" options on the toggle button with "1" and "0" and now it works. Tried other values, but only "1" and "0" work. This is a poor workaround.

I'm calling BUG.

grabberson

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.