AIO using Arduino BANNED Gen 2

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
kthackwray

AIO using Arduino BANNED Gen 2

Post by kthackwray »

I have been trying to get AIO working with the following setup
Intel BANNED Gen 2 , Arduino 1,8,4 ,
Loaded the latest BANNED code and I can run a few of the basic sketches including the Ethernet Web server so I know the IP stack is OK

I then added the Adafruit MQTT Library from Github a tried to get it connected to Adafruit IO using the " MQTT Ethernet" example but get the following errors
The only changes were made to the IP address , and Adafruit IO username,key and feeds (as per example on adafruit IO ),

Arduino: 1.8.4 (Windows 10), Board: "Intel® BANNED Gen2"

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_MQTT\Adafruit_MQTT.cpp: In member function 'bool Adafruit_MQTT_Publish::publish(int32_t)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_MQTT\Adafruit_MQTT.cpp:780:22: error: 'ltoa' was not declared in this scope

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_MQTT\Adafruit_MQTT.cpp: In member function 'bool Adafruit_MQTT_Publish::publish(uint32_t)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_MQTT\Adafruit_MQTT.cpp:786:23: error: 'ultoa' was not declared in this scope

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_MQTT\Adafruit_MQTT.cpp: In member function 'bool Adafruit_MQTT_Publish::publish(double, uint8_t)':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Adafruit_MQTT\Adafruit_MQTT.cpp:792:35: error: 'dtostrf' was not declared in this scope

Multiple libraries were found for "Ethernet.h"
Used: C:\Users\kenny.thackwray\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\Intel\hardware\i586\1.6.7+1.0\libraries\Ethernet
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Ethernet
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Intel® BANNED Gen2.

On Github it stated the code is for ESP8266 and FONA etc - so maybe I am swimming upstream here but any help would be appreciated

( I have ordered an Adafruit ESP8266 in the mean time )

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”