Red line at the top of the dashboard

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
myozone

Red line at the top of the dashboard

Post by myozone »

I have a red line at the top on my dashboard, I tried a new AIO key and still I get the line. It has also blocked me from logging from Node-Red and a MQTT android app .

Any ideas why this is please ??
Attachments
2017-11-09 11_34_57-IO - Dashboards.jpg
2017-11-09 11_34_57-IO - Dashboards.jpg (48.27 KiB) Viewed 439 times

abachman

Re: Red line at the top of the dashboard

Post by abachman »

Hi myozone!

That red line means the IO web application (in your browser) is having trouble making opening an MQTT connection to the IO web service (on our servers). When you visit the page, we open an active connection very similar to the one devices use to make sure dashboards, feeds, your service monitor, etc. have live streaming data.

The most likely cause of the problem is an authentication throttle. That's when the IO service sees too many authentication attempts in too short a period of time and locks you out until the requests slow down. Right now the limit is 20 attempts (failed or successful) per minute with the lockout continuing until requests have slowed down for at most a minute. It's possible one of the third party tools are failing to sign in and retrying with a very short delay.

Were you able to use the Android app and Node-Red successfully before?

- Adam

myozone

Post by myozone »

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your reply, Yes both node-red and MQTT dashboard app used to connect ok. I created a flow in node-red that seemed to create a loop and locked node-red, I since have detailed that flow and now have the red line issue(I deleted flows_raspberrypi_cred.json) . I generated a new AIO key and still I'm unable to log in.

Thanks Dave.

myozone

Post by myozone »

UPDATE:-

I got it working again, it appears that Node-red still was trying to connect to IO even with it totally removed - just did another reboot and it seems it's fixed - weird.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”