Problem with Raspi image on website
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Problem with Raspi image on website

by mblanken on Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Not sure if this is in the right place in the forum to post this...

I followed this tutorial and downloaded the image for Raspbian Jessie Lite. It appears to work and I can see the TFT screen output. 2016-10-18-pitft-28r.img

Only later, did I notice that I'm having difficulty trying to get code to compile from this image. For example, upon attempting to make a project, I keep getting a variety of errors.

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gsttask.h:135:22: warning: null character(s) ignored

GstObject      obje

/usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gsttask.h:23:0: error: unterminated #ifndef

#ifndef __GST_TASK_H__

Doing a sudo nano /usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gsttask.h reveals that the file is truncated somewhere arbitrarily in the middle, (explaining the unterminated #ifndef, obviously). I then try a sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0-tools only to see:

Selecting previously unselected package gstreamer1.0-tools.
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
 files list file for package 'x11proto-dri2-dev' is missing final newline
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

I've made several attempts to fix x11proto-dri2-dev but can't find it and frankly, I'm getting a little tired chasing rabbits down holes.

It would be nice if someone could have paid slightly more attention while building the original image.

mblanken

Re: Problem with Raspi image on website

by mblanken on Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:14 pm

I managed to rename /var/lib/dpkg/info/x11proto-dri2-dev.list to *.corrupt so I could then do a sudo apt-get remove gstreamer1.0 followed by a sudo apt-get install gstreamer1.0 which seems to be giving the appearance that it's now fixed.

mblanken

Re: Problem with Raspi image on website

by mblanken on Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:22 pm

And again with...

In file included from /usr/include/glib-2.0/glib.h:93:0,

from /usr/include/gstreamer-1.0/gst/gst.h:27,

from /tmp/pip-sIUViP-build/kivy/lib/gstplayer/_gstplayer.c:432:

/usr/include/glib-2.0/glib/gvarianttype.h:135:51: warning: null character(s) ignored

#define G_VARIANT_TYPE_OBJECT_PATH          ((cons 

The file in question has lots of NULL characters in the middle of the file at line 135, causing the problems. I'm guessing that something in the underlying mechanism for apt-get isn't recognizing streaming errors and is just storing garbage.

sudo apt-get remove glib2.0
sudo apt-get install glib2.0

...in theory will fix this.

mblanken

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.