No feed posts getting through
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

No feed posts getting through

by spanout on Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:20 pm

Suddenly today my one sensor is not allowed to post. I have the red bar on the website and I cannot manually add a a value either. The sensor is not posting more than once per minute. This is really frustrating considering that I just upgraded to IO plus. The activities are empty and I can see nothing to point me towards a solution.

spanout

Re: No feed posts getting through

by spanout on Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:57 pm

if I push a button on the dashboard it also does not change the feed value but I can manually add a value from the feed page. The dashboard shows no data submitted per minute yet I have this solid red bar and reduced functionality

spanout

by jwcooper on Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:42 pm

Are you still seeing the red bar?

What do you see if you navigate to the following page:
https://io.adafruit.com/monitor

Any errors there?

Have you installed any new anti-virus software that would disable websockets? Can you try running this websocket test: http://www.websocket.org/echo.html

Can you try another browser to test if it's related to the browser you are using? Which browser are you using?

jwcooper

by spanout on Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:48 pm

It started working about 2:50pm GMT today with no explanation. Really strange and slightly worrying too

spanout

by abachman on Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:41 pm

spanout,

A very common cause for the red bar (which indicates that MQTT is unable to connect or authenticate) is an authentication throttle error. This can very easily happen if you, for example, regenerate your Adafruit IO key and have a device or script attempting to reconnect with an old key. Because even a simple "slow" device like an ESP8266 can quickly overwhelm your account data rate limits (15 authentications / minute, 60 data points / minute), if you see the red bar, make sure you have disconnected and shut down any processes that might be trying to connect.

- adam

abachman

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.