Feather32u4 help

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
seaha

Feather32u4 help

Post by seaha »

Hello Guys i need a little help and hope that somebodie could help me.
My Friend and i try to do a Project together i bought Feather32u4 with an gsm chip onboard and i did the Example Adafruit IO Basics: Temperature & Humidity and everything works quiet well.
But now that was my part of the Project.
The Part of my Friend is now to make an own Homepage (Like Adafruit io) for our Project.
He talks to me that i have to send him something in json rest api or https buuuuuuut what the hell is he talking about i read it on the help page but dont understand anything so guys one easy Questeion (i hope).
The only things i want to use ist the feather32u4 and the code i already got from the example all the other stuff from Adafruit (dont know wich services are used in this example) should not be used.
So what have i to change in the code; or what have i to tell my friend to get working.

I hope that there is a way to do this with all the adafruit io libraries because i am only an hobby programmer and absolute no pro.

Maybe somebody would help me.

Thanks alot greets from Austria

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Feather32u4 help

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Please keep the language nice.
He talks to me that i have to send him something in json rest api or https buuuuuuut what the hell is he talking about i read it on the help page but dont understand anything so guys one easy Questeion (i hope).
API = Application Programming Interface
REST = REpresentational State Transfer
JSON = JavaScript Object Notation
The Part of my Friend is now to make an own Homepage (Like Adafruit io) for our Project.
It sounds like your friend wants you to create a server that can accept JSON data via a REST service via an API that you are to create. There is no easy answer to this. This is a non-trivial amount of work.

seaha

Post by seaha »

Hello and sorry for the late response.
Okay so my friend did the server part and i only should send the datas from the feather to this server over json api or rest. so what have i to change in my code to send the datas to our server instead of the adafruit io server

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

The Adafruit IO library is geared toward using our service, so there may be hardwired aspects of this throughout the library code. But you'd definitely want to change the server location for example:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_IO ... itIO.h#L75

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”