IDEAS: DASHBOARD BLOCK SUGGESTIONS
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: IDEAS: DASHBOARD BLOCK SUGGESTIONS

by JimboZA on Wed May 02, 2018 9:30 am

And I just thought of this one: I'm about to take my nodemcu offline to do some more coding. Some folk do have the url though, and may go for a look while it's down. A "down for maintenance" message would be nice.

JimboZA

by brubell on Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:04 pm

JimboZA wrote:And I just thought of this one: I'm about to take my nodemcu offline to do some more coding. Some folk do have the url though, and may go for a look while it's down. A "down for maintenance" message would be nice.

While this is a temporary solution, it might be what's easiest for now - you can add a text element to your dashboard to show when it's offline.

brubell

by hoschi on Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:49 am

I would like to have a selectable time axis in line charts without editing the dashboard.
Right now I created several dashboards with different time scales for each topic.
Radio buttons on the right would be really handy, or a drop down list on the bottom of the line chart

hoschi

by flounder on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:40 am

How about an RGB LED that takes 16-bit (Adafruit GFX) or 24-bit RGB info, plus a "blink rate" expressed as 0-255 units (0 is always on, 255 is blinking rapidly, figure out what the intermediate values mean)

flounder

by DrDetroit on Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:07 am

Show min/max values on the dial indicator ( as an arc in the outer ring) with a reset button

Settable hi/low danger values on the dial indicator, which synchronize with triggers or autogenerate them

IFTTT applet icons and status

Data rate vs limits / throttling mountain chart

Great setup - can't wait to see next versions come out!

DrDetroit

by brubell on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:35 am

flounder wrote:How about an RGB LED that takes 16-bit (Adafruit GFX) or 24-bit RGB info, plus a "blink rate" expressed as 0-255 units (0 is always on, 255 is blinking rapidly, figure out what the intermediate values mean)

We recently added an indicator block which may be similar to what you're asking for: https://io.adafruit.com/blog/notebook/2 ... rd-blocks/

brubell

by orcrist on Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:11 pm

I asked this as a question on Discord, but maybe it's a request:
Linechart for boolean and other discrete/integer values. The current one averages all the 1's and 0's over time which is nonsensical. I want a chart that looks like a square wave for booleans.

e.g. this is what my chart looks like for a motion sensor with a couple of scattered triggers in the night:
Snap38.png
Snap38.png (19.75 KiB) Viewed 40 times

orcrist

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.