IDEAS: DASHBOARD BLOCK SUGGESTIONS

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
brubell
Learn User Page

Re: IDEAS: DASHBOARD BLOCK SUGGESTIONS

Post by brubell »

JimboZA wrote:And I just thought of this one: I'm about to take my nodemcu offline to do some more coding. Some folk do have the url though, and may go for a look while it's down. A "down for maintenance" message would be nice.
While this is a temporary solution, it might be what's easiest for now - you can add a text element to your dashboard to show when it's offline.

hoschi

Post by hoschi »

I would like to have a selectable time axis in line charts without editing the dashboard.
Right now I created several dashboards with different time scales for each topic.
Radio buttons on the right would be really handy, or a drop down list on the bottom of the line chart

flounder

Post by flounder »

How about an RGB LED that takes 16-bit (Adafruit GFX) or 24-bit RGB info, plus a "blink rate" expressed as 0-255 units (0 is always on, 255 is blinking rapidly, figure out what the intermediate values mean)

DrDetroit

Post by DrDetroit »

Show min/max values on the dial indicator ( as an arc in the outer ring) with a reset button

Settable hi/low danger values on the dial indicator, which synchronize with triggers or autogenerate them

IFTTT applet icons and status

Data rate vs limits / throttling mountain chart

Great setup - can't wait to see next versions come out!

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

flounder wrote:How about an RGB LED that takes 16-bit (Adafruit GFX) or 24-bit RGB info, plus a "blink rate" expressed as 0-255 units (0 is always on, 255 is blinking rapidly, figure out what the intermediate values mean)
We recently added an indicator block which may be similar to what you're asking for: https://io.adafruit.com/blog/notebook/2 ... rd-blocks/

orcrist

Post by orcrist »

I asked this as a question on Discord, but maybe it's a request:
Linechart for boolean and other discrete/integer values. The current one averages all the 1's and 0's over time which is nonsensical. I want a chart that looks like a square wave for booleans.

e.g. this is what my chart looks like for a motion sensor with a couple of scattered triggers in the night:
Snap38.png
Snap38.png (19.75 KiB) Viewed 7235 times

bkx

Post by bkx »

How about a text entry?
User would type arbitrary text, press "enter" and the contents would be published to a topic.

This would probably be easy to implement and allow things like arm/disarm codes for a security system (from a public dashboard)

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

bkx wrote:How about a text entry?
User would type arbitrary text, press "enter" and the contents would be published to a topic.

This would probably be easy to implement and allow things like arm/disarm codes for a security system (from a public dashboard)
The text block element does that, but it's not easily discoverable. The input field on it is "hidden", you can type right into it, and assign a feed to it.

jdoscher

Post by jdoscher »

Feature request- on line charts, give basic formatting options. Solid line, dashed line, dotted line, etc. Most importantly, give us the ability to set the color for each line.

Thanks!

tommystotts

Post by tommystotts »

Same indicator shows multiple levels of indication. In my case 3, ON, OFF, OUT green red yellow. I'm tracking NFC tag data for tools on a maintenance truck. 1st scan removes tool from truck (OUT) indicator goes red. 2nd scan returns tool to truck (ON) indicator goes green. Separate NFC tag takes tool away from truck (OFF, on loan to another truck) indicator goes yellow.

Could also be used as condition 1-70 indicator green, 71-85 indicator yellow, 86-100 red.

ReubenFinch

Post by ReubenFinch »

Allow multiple location feeds to the same map.

It would be wonderful to be able to post multiple locations to a map.

Also it would be advantageous to be able to send "waypoints" in addition to the current track-points.

Way points are not linked by a line, and perhaps have a different colour.

nickfixit

Post by nickfixit »

A Boolean Chart has been suggested. I want one too.
This should have a line that looks like a square wave changing between the binary values.
The Y axis should be capable of being labeled for the 2 states in text so you can name the 2 states.

A bonus would be to be able to stack up more than one binary data stream in the same chart, like a multi trace digital scope screen, and label them accordingly. The important theing here is that the timescales line up for the streams.

An alternate is to have the streams each in its own chart but have the timescales capable of being synchronized so that the events can be correlated.

You can see this 2 state chart looks nasty with the slopey lines. The last value should be maintained until the new value comes.
door graph.png
door graph.png (24.16 KiB) Viewed 7038 times
Another option would be to use the analog chart but make the data stay at the last value until a new value is obtained then step to the new value as a chart option. THis would do it too. Suppressing the decimal points on the 1/0 Y axis would also be needed.

Thanks

mpc823

Post by mpc823 »

Just wanted to say that I, too, would like a Boolean Line chart. For values that are only 0 & 1, this type of chart would be much preferable to the line chart we have now.

nicholasrivero

Post by nicholasrivero »

Hey all -

I was thinking that a bar graph would be great, in addition to gauges. The gauges take up a bit of visual space, and it be great to have something more compact to show a value's status.

Also, a multi select, or drop-down selection, would be great: if I could pre-set a range of items and their values. Also, the option to add a 'submit' button, would be handy.

Thanks!

gamini

Post by gamini »

jwcooper wrote:Post any suggestions for new dashboard blocks you would like to see. Be as detailed as possible on how it would work, and a diagram would likely be informative for us/others as well.

We currently have 11 block types for the dashboard now:
Toggle Button
Momentary Button
Slider
Gauge
Text
Stream/Console
Picture
Chart
Color
Map
Remote
This IO panel is really neat. I did a demo for a major industry group recently and they were impressed. How about connecting blocks? For example if temp reading exceeds, a red light comes on. I know this can be done on the Ardiuno board...but if this could be done on the IO dashboard? Maybe also send back to the Ardiuno

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”