using IO for multiple users

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
mgale31

using IO for multiple users

Post by mgale31 »

Hello,
Would adafruit IO be an appropriate tool to use for the following application:
I have made a device using a raspberry pi3 and some external sensors and components, and have sold a few of these devices. I would like to make another version that has the ability to let customers login to a webpage and view the sensor data. I'm thinking it could be up to a few hundred (if I'm lucky!).

Does this sound like a good application of Adafruit IO, or is it more for one-off applications?

Thanks so much for any info!

svarcko

Re: using IO for multiple users

Post by svarcko »

I am interested about the same thing...
I made a device that will be sold to multiple clients and I need to give them option to be able to see the data their devices are logging.
Is this possible with Adafruit IO or Adafruit IO+? Do I need to create separate feed and separate dashboard for each of the devices and I will need to provide URL to the specific device feed and dashboard to my clients using the AIO key or what?
I am web dev and I can create my own system where the data will be send and the users can register using the device ID and where they will be able to log in and see the data their device is sending, but if this is possible I would rather skip this step and use Adafruit IO instead...
Anyone have idea?
Thanks in advance.

motorregelung

Post by motorregelung »

Here is a +1

PaulRowntree

Post by PaulRowntree »

The IO+ system is very nicely packaged, but I don't know if you could responsibly build a commercial product around it. What if Adafruit changes the API? Security certificates?

The RPi can run Node-Red, which can support its own dashboards. It also supports the free mosquitto MQTT broker. So for zero cost, you could bundle up a stand-alone system that doesn't rely n the goodwill of Adafruit to continue operating forever.

$0.02 worth.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”