Need clearer website text IO+ Plus plan, about its cost, etc

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
estephan500

Need clearer website text IO+ Plus plan, about its cost, etc

Post by estephan500 »

Hello all --

I understand and support the new paid plan for adafruit.io "plus" ...

*** But -- Adafruit staff -- Can you please look at the explanatory text on the site, for example on https://io.adafruit.com/upgrade?

*** Because, you will see that, to a user that is newly clicking around trying to learn about the paid method -- there is no place that clearly states: "The cost of the Adafruit IO+ plan is USD $10 per month."

... there is one bit of text that says "we will give you a free period, a $10 value..." and you have to apply mental logic to figure out what the cost of the plan is.... and overall stay quite confused. :)
Could you write up a nice clear paragraph explaining in short sentences what is in the Free plan, and the cost of the Plus plan, and the main benefits of the Plus plan? I know that benefits are listed elsewhere but this putting it into sentences could really drive home the full clear message.

(Also, to be honest, to me it would make a difference if it was just $5 per month :) )

Thanks!!

Eric

PaulRowntree

Re: Need clearer website text IO+ Plus plan, about its cost,

Post by PaulRowntree »

estephan500

Post by estephan500 »

Thanks -- Yep, that page is great, but it is off ona blog post somewhere that is not seen by a person that is using adafruit IO and trying to understand how to upgrade.

Here's the situation. If an Adafruit IO user is on their adafruit.io site, and they click your own userID, they then see a big button that says "update to IO+." All very good. So they click it.

The next page says: "Power up your Adafruit IO account by unlocking unlimited dashboards and feeds, and doubling your data rate and storage. You are currently eligible for the IO Beta Thank You discount! That's $10.00 off each month for 3 months. Enter your payment information below to get started."
... and then it asks them to enter their credit card number! :) :) It doesn't even state that the cost is indeed $10 per month.

This very easy to fix. Below the text above, they should add this text: The Adafruit IO+ Plan is $10 per month. To learn more, click here. [[[and that link will take them to the blog post you mentioned, https://io.adafruit.com/blog/notebook/2 ... criptions/ ]]]

PaulRowntree

Post by PaulRowntree »

Hmmm ... when I click on the upgrade it shows that I will be billed $10 now, with the repeat schedule identified.

But yes, clarity is always good.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”