dashboard is not responding
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

dashboard is not responding

by goryunov on Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:11 pm

Hello,

I was able to access the dashboard at io.adafruit.com yesterday without issues and tried to add one element (toggle button)
and feed related to it. During addition (while saving it) dashboard hung and since then I can not get access to it - it shows nothing.

Are there any issues with dashboards?

Thanks,
Andrey

goryunov

Re: dashboard is not responding

by goryunov on Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:45 pm

Hi there,

I created a new dashboard and was able to add toggle button without issues there, however the dashboard where I got problem
still not shown, when I click on it - nothing, not even elements to manage it, just empty.

Thanks,
Andrey

goryunov

by adafruit_support_carter on Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:43 pm

So the dashboard shows up in your list of dashboards? But when you click on it, it opens a blank and un-editable page?

adafruit_support_carter

by goryunov on Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:00 pm

yes, it is so. I see it on a list of dashboards and able to click on it but when it is transferred to there it is blank and no elements for anything

goryunov

by abachman on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am

Hi goryunov,

It looks like the layout data for one of your dashboards somehow got corrupted. I reset it in the system, so you should be able to see it and the editing controls again. Resetting means it reverted to a default layout, though, which will probably look different than before. Since the only thing that changed was geometry info (block location and size), no data was lost from any of your feeds.

I'm looking into the root cause of the problem now, but if you run into the situation again it's safe to delete the dashboard and try rebuilding it. If you rebuild it and it's still broken, then please get in touch.

- adam b.

abachman

by goryunov on Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:37 pm

Thank you! I am able to access it!

goryunov

by goryunov on Tue May 01, 2018 4:51 am

Hi there,

I just tried to add toggle button to the same dashboard and it again hung and after that try to access the dashboard
I see nothing - blank black window.

Would you please check the dashboard and reset it again

Thank you!

goryunov

by Xenons2017 on Tue May 01, 2018 10:48 pm

abachman wrote:Hi goryunov,

It looks like the layout data for one of your dashboards somehow got corrupted. I reset it in the system, so you should be able to see it and the editing controls again. Resetting means it reverted to a default layout, though, which will probably look different than before. Since the only thing that changed was geometry info (block location and size), no data was lost from any of your feeds.

I'm looking into the root cause of the problem now, but if you run into the situation again it's safe to delete the dashboard and try rebuilding it. If you rebuild it and it's still broken, then please get in touch.

- adam b.

Same problem here with one of my dashbords.
Attachments
Unbenannt.png
Unbenannt.png (8.58 KiB) Viewed 111 times

Xenons2017

by goryunov on Tue May 01, 2018 11:03 pm

I checked the dashboard, it is still blank
Attachments
io_adafruit_dashboard_20180502.jpg
io_adafruit_dashboard_20180502.jpg (49.5 KiB) Viewed 109 times

goryunov

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.