Feed no longer accepting data
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Feed no longer accepting data

by jjwebster on Wed May 09, 2018 10:44 am

I have a Huzzah ESP8266 connected to a DHT22 publishing two feeds to my IO account: temperature and humidity. I set up the account in the AM yesterday and, until about 4PM last evening, everything was working just fine. However, the humidity feed stopped accepting data. I have deleted and recreated the dashboard and the feeds multiple times to no avail. Oddly, the temperature feed is working fine, but humidity is always blank.

When I publish the data from my Arduino sketch, I use:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
// Publish data
  if (! temperature.publish(temperature_data))
    Serial.println(F("Failed to publish temperature"));
  else
    Serial.println(F("Temperature published!"));

if (! humidity.publish(humidity_data))
    Serial.println(F("Failed to publish humidity"));
  else
    Serial.println(F("Humidity published!"));

Both functions succeed and print the acknowledgement, so I believe the data is being accepted by the IO servers.

What should I try to remedy?

jjwebster

Re: Feed no longer accepting data

by jjwebster on Wed May 09, 2018 11:06 am

UPDATE: Upon further testing, the issue seems to be related to the order in which the feeds are submitted. Though it was working yesterday, it seems now the second feed is not being captured unless I put it in a significant delay. Testing now, but approx. 7 of 10 feeds accepted if there is a 500ms delay between the first and second. So far, 10 of 10 at 1000ms delay. Again, it was working yesterday, so not sure if this is related to throttling on the account? I am only submitting feeds at 20s intervals, so only 6 data points per minute.

jjwebster

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.