Sketch stopped working, seems to be an adafruit IO issue
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Sketch stopped working, seems to be an adafruit IO issue

by martian on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:53 pm

Hi, I had a feather huzzah esp8266 paired with a relay feather wing that I was using to turn a light on and off thru AdafruitIO (toggle button), then later with a (Momentary) button to open and close my garage, but it stopped working for some reason.

I hooked it up to my computer and watched the serial monitor and it seems like even when I toggle the button on the website, the feather gets the signal, but it's always "LOW" so the relay never fires since the pin is always low.

This is basically the example sketch from the library with an updated pin number, plus account info added.

Any thoughts about what could be happening here?

Screen video shows the above happening:
vimeo.com/278243578

Thanks!
Marty

martian

Re: Sketch stopped working, seems to be an adafruit IO issue

by brubell on Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:16 am

Try using the Adafruit IO Arduno Library (if you're not already) running this sketch: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_IO ... tal_in.ino

Also - ensure your Adafruit IO feed is set up identically to the guide here: https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-io- ... t-io-setup

Still having an issue? Reply and let me know if it's still happening (or if another issue crops up) so I can assist further.

brubell

Re: Sketch stopped working, seems to be an adafruit IO issue

by martian on Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:26 pm

Hey , thanks.

This sketch doesn't really work the way mine had. The is an input pin on the board sending a value to Adafruit IO, where I had Adafruit IO (via a web button) sending a value to an output pin on my board.

I delate my dashboard and feeds, recreated them and went back to my original sketch and it seems to be working now as it had before. I'm still convinced it was something weird happening on the Adafruit IO side. Either way seems to work now, so all good. Thanks again.

Marty

martian

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.