Huzzah32 - Adafruit. IO Example Compilation Error
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Huzzah32 - Adafruit. IO Example Compilation Error

by maciekwrc on Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:10 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to connect my Huzzah32 to the Adafruit IO using example codes but they do not compile for Huzzah32.

Any idea what is wrong?

Appreciate some hints.

Alternatively, do you know where I can find any working sample code for Uzzah32 for Adafruit IO?

(Huzzah32 is working fine with the Bosch 680 sensor, I can see correct readings in the Serial Monitor)

Regards,
Maciek

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 10), Board: "Adafruit ESP32 Feather, 80MHz, 115200, None"

IC:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\hardware\espressif\esp32\libraries\WiFi\src" "-IC:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\hardware\espressif\esp32\libraries\WiFiClientSecure\src" "C:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\libraries\arduino_428353\src\AdafruitIO_Feed.cpp" -o "C:\Users\Maciek\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_645346\libraries\arduino_428353\AdafruitIO_Feed.cpp.o"
C:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\libraries\arduino_428353\src\AdafruitIO_Feed.cpp: In member function 'AdafruitIO_Data* AdafruitIO_Feed::lastValue()':

C:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\libraries\arduino_428353\src\AdafruitIO_Feed.cpp:207:1: error: control reaches end of non-void function [-Werror=return-type]

}

^

cc1plus.exe: some warnings being treated as errors

Multiple libraries were found for "WiFi.h"
 Used: C:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\hardware\espressif\esp32\libraries\WiFi
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\WiFi
Using library arduino_428353 at version 2.7.4 in folder: C:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\libraries\arduino_428353
Using library arduino_706850 at version 0.20.1 in folder: C:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\libraries\arduino_706850
Using library arduino_562809 at version 0.3.1 in folder: C:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\libraries\arduino_562809
Using library WiFi at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\hardware\espressif\esp32\libraries\WiFi
Using library WiFiClientSecure at version 1.0 in folder: C:\Users\Maciek\Dropbox\WELLcube\ARDUINO_Code\hardware\espressif\esp32\libraries\WiFiClientSecure
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit ESP32 Feather.

maciekwrc

Re: Huzzah32 - Adafruit. IO Example Compilation Error

by brubell on Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:13 pm

The Adafruit IO Arduino Library (https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_IO_Arduino) has examples which are tested with the Huzzah32, Huzzah8266, and M0 WiFi.

Do any of those compile for you?

brubell

by maciekwrc on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Yes I've been using example sketches from this library, downloaded via libraries manager in the Arduino IDE.

I always get the same errors for those sketches.

I have also tried some examples from Huzzah32 libraries and they work fine. It connects to WiFi and transmits data.

One error is related to this;
\src\AdafruitIO_Feed.cpp

The other one shows that I've got doubled WiFi.h libraries.
One from AdafruitIO another from Huzzah WiFi examples. Shall I delete one of them?

Maciek

maciekwrc

by brubell on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:52 am

maciekwrc wrote:The other one shows that I've got doubled WiFi.h libraries.
One from AdafruitIO another from Huzzah WiFi examples. Shall I delete one of them?

You'll want to keep the WiFi.h from the Adafruit IO Library. Try uninstalling the Huzzah WiFi library and testing with that, let me know how it goes.

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.