AdafruitIO Library - Creating the Feed Path

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
allihanlon

AdafruitIO Library - Creating the Feed Path

Post by allihanlon »

I am working on a project where I declare two empty character arrays to store the user's Adafruit IO username and key so that after the program is running, anyone can enter their username and key to connect to their Adafruit IO. I have no problems establishing a connection to Adafruit, or storing the username and key.

The problem arises when the Adafruit IO library creates a feed path. For some reason, it does not know that the username has changed. It still thinks it is an empty array, and is unable to connect to my feeds to log data. I get an mqtt subscription error on my Adafruit Monitor because the feed path is incorrect. Has anyone else experienced this, or understand how/when a feed path is created? Even just pointing me to a place I could find more information would be greatly appreciated.

I've been searching through the Adafruit IO library and inserting test cases, Serialprint statements, etc. but have been unable to gather any useful information about the problem, or pinpoint where the feed path is created.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: AdafruitIO Library - Creating the Feed Path

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Please post your full code.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”