Editing stored feed data
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Editing stored feed data

by miltf on Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:48 pm

I would like to delete most of the past data from my stored feed data. There is a dropdown menu called Actions on the Feed screen and there is a choice labeled Remove selected Data, but I can't get it to work consistently. It would be useful to choose to delete data by date. Is this possible but I don't see it?

miltf

Re: Editing stored feed data

by brubell on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:55 am

You'll need to tick the box and then go to Actions->Remove Selected Data. You can download the data as a csv, and do data manipulation from there, but there is no `delete data by date` feature currently. If you'd like to request this as a feature, post up in the Adafruit IO Feature Suggestion thread - viewtopic.php?f=56&t=139746

brubell

by nickfixit on Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:51 pm

I tried deleting data points one at a time, This worked but it was tiresome lol.

BUT I got the popup saying to confirm each delete with the option not to show this again.
SO I selected don't show me again, now the data will not delete when I click on the red "X".

There was no indication that this was the intended result. If this is intended this is a bad way to do it. and there should be some way to turn the notification (and deletes) on again.

If not intended then it needs fixing please.

Thanks.

nickfixit

by briceabane on Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:11 am

Hi,
My question is a bit different from the one asked first but still related to deleting datas. It looks like now, the option to select multiple datas to be able to delete many at the same time is no longer available. Right now, I can only delete them one by one which is really long. Furthermore, I saw the Filter button and would have thought this might be what I have to use now, but when I tried to delete datas according to the time period precise, it loads for a reaaally long time again. Did I miss something ? How do I have to proceed now ?
Thanks for your help.
Attachments
delete.PNG
delete.PNG (29.18 KiB) Viewed 43 times

briceabane

by brubell on Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:12 pm

Right now, I can only delete them one by one which is really long. Furthermore, I saw the Filter button and would have thought this might be what I have to use now, but when I tried to delete datas according to the time period precise, it loads for a reaaally long time again. Did I miss something ? How do I have to proceed now ?

The multiple data point deletion feature was removed - you'll need to delete them one at a time.

brubell

by nickfixit on Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:41 am

I still do not know how to delete them now I disabled the popup confirmation from reoccurring.
Any help please? Can I re-enable it?
Thanks.

nickfixit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.