IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

by Sam43054 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:52 pm

A board I would like to see you add: A Feather wing with a MOSFET for driving much larger voltages — maybe a 12v siren ~~1 Amp

Sam43054

by Sam43054 on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:57 pm

How about a IFTTT NOTICE if someone logs in— could be useful in knowing of your password has been “hacked” / Compromised

Or —

Every user has a feed that is simply a log in counter and then write Adafruit IO code to see if the number advanced

Sam43054

by cjdshaw on Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:53 pm

I'd love another attribute for each feed data value called "colour" (or "color" if you must). Then I could have a graph change colour if it went above or below a certain value. Important updates on a feed could be in red. There could be a colourchange command in triggers so I could make a slider automatically change colour if it went above a threshold. So many possibilities...

cjdshaw

by cjdshaw on Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:35 pm

Also, an intermediate subscription tier. I’ve used all 10 of my feeds, but I can’t really justify $99 a year for IO+. I’d pay, say, $25 for 25 feeds though

cjdshaw

by adafruitguy on Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:44 am

Now that data storage boosts are available for purchase, please need: Line Chart histogram options that are longer than 30 day.

adafruitguy

by cjdshaw on Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:40 pm

An iOS app which lets us assign a dashboard as an iOS widget. That way, we could monitor and control our IoT devices directly from the lock screen!

cjdshaw

by geotek on Sat Aug 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Greetings
I want to thanks Adafruit and Lady Ada for setting up the Adafruit Internet I/O learning section.
I would like to see some examples of using air quality sensors and raspberry pi - and how to send data to the Adafruit Internet I/O feeds to display data
Thanks
Tom

geotek

by jdoscher on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:49 am

First of all, the work that the team is doing around Adafruit IO is awesome- there's nothing like it for hobbyists and small businesses. AIO is also extremely friendly to use compared to other services, and it's not only because of the awesome code, but the detailed guides that give people working examples.

With that said, here are some suggestions:
-Smaller display elements to let us make more dense dashboards. Examples include label-free elements where you can mouse-over and see a label, but none is shown by default. This should allow for graphical elements to scale smaller.
-Smaller display elements like a thermometer, where all that's needed is if a temperature or gauge is above, below, or within limits. It could be a simple column bar with the same color elements as the gauge.
-Spacing elements- bars, dividers, and spaces to allow for visual breakup without just leaving a gap.
-The ability to embed an element in a different website/page, with a clickthough URL back to a dashboard. This would let me show off a metric without someone having to leave the page they're reading.
-Probably already requested somewhere else, but the ability to manually set element colors like the bar colors or text color. This helps align with the embedding request above.

Bug fixes
-When a dashboard is made public, it makes the feeds public too as expected, but the icon for those feeds still shows the lock. The feeds are public as expected though.
-When using very high resolution displays like 4K monitors, the layout goes a little crazy on very wide displays, moving around elements rather unpredictably.

jdoscher

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.