IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
DelarnTheBard

Re: IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

Post by DelarnTheBard »

I would love to make toggles and other input from the dashboar handle dict/json value.

Code: Select all

{"temp":"C","grav":"SG","wait_time":30}
and have text input be enterer with a button rather than "enter" on the keyboard

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

DelarnTheBard wrote:I would love to make toggles and other input from the dashboar handle dict/json value.

{"temp":"C","grav":"SG","wait_time":30}
and have text input be enterer with a button rather than "enter" on the keyboard
You can do that now with the toggle button block. Just paste in that json as the button value. It's one of the text fields that is an option. You can set the 'on' and 'off' values independently of the display text.

DelarnTheBard

Post by DelarnTheBard »

a native NoSQL database, so we can make forms like dashboard ?

pbuelow

Post by pbuelow »

I have a few hopefully easy feature requests.
* Compass rose graph. I want to push wind direction every now and then and display it as a line pointing to the compass direction in the graph.
* The ability to add a static text/char to variables shown in a text block. If you can do this, I just haven't figure out how. But adding a % or degree symbol to a value would be fantastic.
* Static text as a header to a Dashboard. I'd like to put a small block of text at the top as I want to share one of my Dashboards publicly but with a description. I think I could do this with a header image if I put the text in there, but I think it would be pretty cool to just add text.

Thank you.

DelarnTheBard

Post by DelarnTheBard »

jwcooper wrote:
You can do that now with the toggle button block. Just paste in that json as the button value. It's one of the text fields that is an option. You can set the 'on' and 'off' values independently of the display text.
It only has 2 value. I would need 3 Value. Would be fun to implement a flexible one ;) !!

D43a89ad20e01ca69CDF

Post by D43a89ad20e01ca69CDF »

TheCriticalPath wrote:I would love to see the ability to annotate data points in the feed via the API as well as the online portal.
exactly what I am searching for as in

data = {'value': 46 , 'comment': 'something meaningful'}
however your post is two years old, any feedback sofar ?

vadaparty

Post by vadaparty »

Is there a consideration to have Huzzah (ESP 8266) Feather with QT connections?

There are a lot of advantages with the QT (numerous Adafruit sensors connections)...

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

vadaparty wrote:Is there a consideration to have Huzzah (ESP 8266) Feather with QT connections?

There are a lot of advantages with the QT (numerous Adafruit sensors connections)...
The ESP32 Feather V2 fits this bill but uses an ESP32 instead of an ESP8266, https://www.adafruit.com/product/5400

The ESP8266 is in the process of being phased out for a newer chipset (ESP32-C3 I believe...). There could be an ESP32-C3 feather with these features in the future, no guarantees though as I do not know the roadmap (esp. with chip availability as it currently stands).

vadaparty

Post by vadaparty »

Thank you

caroni

Post by caroni »

ALTERNATIVES TO PORT 1883 FOR MQTT

I want to create a simple script on my server but my host allows only ports over 50000, 1883 is blocked.
Can't you have alternative ports??

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

caroni wrote:ALTERNATIVES TO PORT 1883 FOR MQTT

I want to create a simple script on my server but my host allows only ports over 50000, 1883 is blocked.
Can't you have alternative ports??
Could you please post this in a new thread so I can answer it completely?

DJDevon3

Post by DJDevon3 »

I'd like to have an easier way to delete feed data points than doing it individually by clicking x and then confirm for each individual item. Can we get a select all per page feature at the least? Sometimes when I'm testing code it'll run on for 20 updates that I don't want in the feed for plotting reasons and I have to spend minutes clicking on x and confirm... it's tedious and unnecessary. :(

Is it setup that way in feeds to encourage people to delete data points through mqtt scripts instead? I don't understand why a mass deletion feature doesn't exist or checkboxes next to items, like with an email client.

geotek

Post by geotek »

Adafruit IO Introduction Update Needed.
As a neophyte to The Internet of Things and the Adafruit IO.
The Adafruit IO introduction pages are old and do not reflect the current IO pages I.e. feeds,Dashboard,blocks.
I am currently experimenting the Funhouse Project - a great device, Adafruit IO, a great service!
I have managed to send data and display it on the Adafruit IO page.
My observation, is that the ‘the create blocks’ page for selecting blocks needs more explanation and examples on how to use the various blocks, for sending and receiving data to and from the Funhouse. Foe example How can I utilize the keypad block, the video block, the color picker, etc.
Thanks
Tom

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

geotek wrote:Adafruit IO Introduction Update Needed.
As a neophyte to The Internet of Things and the Adafruit IO.
The Adafruit IO introduction pages are old and do not reflect the current IO pages I.e. feeds,Dashboard,blocks.
I am currently experimenting the Funhouse Project - a great device, Adafruit IO, a great service!
I have managed to send data and display it on the Adafruit IO page.
My observation, is that the ‘the create blocks’ page for selecting blocks needs more explanation and examples on how to use the various blocks, for sending and receiving data to and from the Funhouse. Foe example How can I utilize the keypad block, the video block, the color picker, etc.
Thanks
Tom
Hi, we have a _lot_ of guides about Adafruit IO. Could you provide a link to the one you are referring to?

geotek

Post by geotek »

Greetings

In this section listed below, the photos do not represent the current or new Adafruit IO pages when setting up feeds, dashboards and blocks.
I would like to see more details and examples, on how to use the button blocks for two-way communication to and from the Adafruit IO.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-io- ... ing-blocks

Kudos to Lady Ada for the best electronic website for parts, microcontrollers and learning!
Keep up the great work!

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”