IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
paolometeo

Re: IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

Post by paolometeo »

Hi, the IO graph are beautiful. I plot meteorological variables with them and I have the problem to often change the y scale, because I want to maintain the scale span for the y axis, but automatically change min and max value. The pressure graph is an example: it is useful to show the pressure variation without changing its scale.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

paolometeo wrote:Hi, the IO graph are beautiful. I plot meteorological variables with them and I have the problem to often change the y scale, because I want to maintain the scale span for the y axis, but automatically change min and max value. The pressure graph is an example: it is useful to show the pressure variation without changing its scale.
Could you include a screenshot(s) showing what you'd like to see?

paolometeo

Post by paolometeo »

https://io.adafruit.com/paolometeo/dash ... et-tx1-tx2
Look at Pressure line chart in my dashboard, the Pressure scale is automatically detect, this mean that min, max values are computed on the base of data, but the difference between max and mean can change with time. It would be better if only min value is automatically set by the application and you can set the difference with the max value or viceversa.

ZeroState

Post by ZeroState »

I think someone already suggested this, but adding a smoothing option for line graphs in dashboards would make the data less noisy.

Also, dashboards or feeds should be embeddable!! Simply adding the option to embed when you click the sharing icon would make it much easier to get my data out there.

Also, the option for X/Y axis labels on line graphs doesn't seem to do anything - there are no labels that appear on the graphs.

ZeroState

Post by ZeroState »

ZeroState wrote:I think someone already suggested this, but adding a smoothing option for line graphs in dashboards would make the data less noisy.

Also, dashboards or feeds should be embeddable!! Simply adding the option to embed when you click the sharing icon would make it much easier to get my data out there.

Also, the option for X/Y axis labels on line graphs doesn't seem to do anything - there are no labels that appear on the graphs.
Also, allowing people that are viewing public data the ability to change the timespan they are looking at would be helpful, so people can choose what time range they are looking at when they see my data instead of me manually changing it.

Systembolaget

Post by Systembolaget »

AIO really is just great, but one essential feature is sadly missing: being able to delete stale data from feeds. While prototyping, often much redundant data accumulates. One should be able to wipe, delete or clear old data. Surely, Adafruit doesn't want to host all that old stuff until the end of time ; )

Having to re-create deleted feeds each time messes with the AIO dashboard charts, the AIO dashboard itself, IFTTT and Zapier; not at all convenient!

Systembolaget

Post by Systembolaget »

ZeroState wrote:I think someone already suggested this, but adding a smoothing option for line graphs in dashboards would make the data less noisy.
Ain't that a coding task, using average, running average, running median, olympic mean, mode, and other filters?

Systembolaget

Post by Systembolaget »

Being able to delete all data from a feed or within a selected date/time range is essential.

Systembolaget

Post by Systembolaget »

Or, if that is technically too difficult to achieve, why not at least allow selecting all datapoints on a page to delete at least one page of data? If a single datapoint can be deleted, why not at least all from one page?

"Do you want to delete this data point?" means sitting there like a woodpecker with one claw on the enter key ; )

biod101

Post by biod101 »

Hello,

I work for a state environmental agency that currently carries a subscription to Thingspeak. We currently use Thingspeak as an internet-based datalogger for monitoring remote field data, and for providing text notifications when thresholds are achieved in the field (e.g. a wash is flowing with stormwater- come sample!).

I would like my agency to migrate to Adafruit IO, but I don't see the "ThingHTTP" app available in the Adafruit IO services which. We currently use "ThingHTTP" with "React" for text messaging. I do see Adafruit IO offers IFTTT which can be configured to send emails, but when staff are in the field, nothing beats receiving a text notification. I'm relatively new to your platform - is there a way to bring ThingHTTP online as a service on Adafruit IO? Is there another way that I can realize a text notification in response to a threshold on your platform?

Great platform by the way- I'd love to migrate our agency to Adafruit IO as a success story for us given significant cost savings, and for Adafruit given support for government operations. Example application posted here: https://youtu.be/_LloZdX2UaY - we made it this far thanks to the stellar technical support offered by your staff.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

biod101 wrote:Hello,
I do see Adafruit IO offers IFTTT which can be configured to send emails, but when staff are in the field, nothing beats receiving a text notification. I'm relatively new to your platform - is there a way to bring ThingHTTP online as a service on Adafruit IO? Is there another way that I can realize a text notification in response to a threshold on your platform?

Zapier has an Adafruit IO integration and a SMS integration (https://zapier.com/apps/sms/integrations). There's currently built-in SMS integration for Adafruit IO or IO+.

biod101

Post by biod101 »

Zapier has an Adafruit IO integration and a SMS integration (https://zapier.com/apps/sms/integrations). There's currently built-in SMS integration for Adafruit IO or IO+.

Awesome! Will check it out. Thanks.

biod101

Post by biod101 »

Works - thanks!
https://youtu.be/Rw-608Mu9xk

adafruitguy

Post by adafruitguy »

I would love line chart histories that span longer than 30 days.

cjdshaw

Post by cjdshaw »

The option for grid lines on charts would be great

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”