IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
JMJunek

Re: IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

Post by JMJunek »

It would be nice if you could have a way to allow multiple people to interact with one dashboard. Like if I set up some kind of automation or remote control of a project from my dashboard and I want another member of my team to be able to interact with it. Currently, if they have an AIO account, they can see it but they cannot hit any of the buttons or toggles.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

JMJunek wrote:It would be nice if you could have a way to allow multiple people to interact with one dashboard. Like if I set up some kind of automation or remote control of a project from my dashboard and I want another member of my team to be able to interact with it. Currently, if they have an AIO account, they can see it but they cannot hit any of the buttons or toggles.
You need to give the people interacting with your dashboard read and write access to the feeds connected to the buttons/toggles.

adafruitguy

Post by adafruitguy »

Trigger that could act if a feed hasn't been seen (updated) in a set period of time [days] [hours] [minutes].

wsquared58

Post by wsquared58 »

Allow IO Plus dashboards to be embeddable in an iFrame.
See my attached information board for reference. This information board is created by adding modules to a Magic Mirror project. These https://magicmirror.builders/ can be seen in link.
In my case, I would put embedded IO+ Dashboard in location below NOAA/NWS Radar page which is embedded in an iFrame.
NewRadar.jpg
NewRadar.jpg (227.17 KiB) Viewed 4708 times

wsquared58

Post by wsquared58 »

This is a tweak/option for two existing blocks. These would be the GAUGE block and the LINE GRAPH block.
Allow user to define colors for the high and low warning values. As someone who spent 30 years in a power plant, high and low readings are generally not colored like the gauge block option is.
Generally, both high and low are considered as out of spec and would be colored red. This does vary by instrument somewhat but as an example, you are reading outdoor temperature in a weather station and you want to know whether to wear a coat in winter, or wear shorts in summer. You might say give me a LOW RED at 45F (wear a jacket) and if temperature got above 80F throw a HIGH RED (wear shorts). The way you would use yellow typically is as a caution value.

OFF SCALE HIGH--------------------------------------------------------
RED REGION
HIGH ALARM RED--------------------------------------------------------
YELLOW REGION
HIGH WARNING YELLOW---------------------------------------------

NORMAL OPERATING RANGE NORMAL OPERATING RANGE GREEN

LOW WARNING YELLOW----------------------------------------------
YELLOW REGION
LOW ALARM RED--------------------------------------------------------
RED REGION
OFF SCALE LOW---------------------------------------------------------

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

adafruitguy wrote:Trigger that could act if a feed hasn't been seen (updated) in a set period of time [days] [hours] [minutes].
We don't have this currently, but we do have a feed notification service now:
When notifications are activated, Adafruit IO will send an email to alert you if no new data has been received for your feed within the given amount of time.
You can view it on the feed page located at https://io.adafruit.com/{username}/feeds/feed-name

ishwarm

Post by ishwarm »

It would be great to have an Itsy Bitsy board based on the nRF5340 which has a Dual-core along with an Ultra low-power radio for Bluetooth. The chip has 128 MHz + 64 MHz CPUs which would ensure that the processing for sending of Bluetooth data will not affect the performance of the loop processing. The radio current consumption for 0dBm TX is a minuscule 3.4mA and is well suited for battery-powered applications. Reference: https://www.nordicsemi.com/Products/Low ... ss/nRF5340

Systembolaget

Post by Systembolaget »

As long as one can't selectively delete data points, the preselected Confirm button could be enabled to react to one's keyboard enter key.
Skärmbild 07.58.24.png
Skärmbild 07.58.24.png (72.91 KiB) Viewed 4496 times
When typing in a Block title for a new block on a new dashboard, all one's previously used titles appear in a very long list of suggestions.

Line colour and line thickness choice would be good.

wsquared58

Post by wsquared58 »

Allow various blocks to be reduced in size beyond their current minimum sizes. Users should be able to place more than one block tall and two blocks wide (gauge block) on the official Pi Foundation 7" screen.

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

Systembolaget wrote:
Line colour and line thickness choice would be good.
For which block?

brubell
Learn User Page

Post by brubell »

wsquared58 wrote:Allow various blocks to be reduced in size beyond their current minimum sizes. Users should be able to place more than one block tall and two blocks wide (gauge block) on the official Pi Foundation 7" screen.
Could you show me a picture of what a dashboard looks like on this screen? I don't have one.

Systembolaget

Post by Systembolaget »

For the line graphs primarily.

wsquared58

Post by wsquared58 »

Screen Capture
Screenshot 7 inch Pi Scree..jpg
Screenshot 7 inch Pi Scree..jpg (47.04 KiB) Viewed 4478 times

wsquared58

Post by wsquared58 »

That is the minimum allowable size on the two gauge blocks and stuck trend line below and you can see it runs off bottom edge. Also, this is full screen view.

FirstFloor322

Post by FirstFloor322 »

I have a suggestion, when i have mutliple toggles in a dashboard, all linked to the same feed, when i use a toggle all others return to default state, is there any way you could add a functionality wherein it retains it state irrespective of other toggles?

also pls add a width functionality to the toggle widget, all the text seem to be wierdly outa frame(check attachment),

im using this for my smarthome project and its really annoying cz i cannot see which toggles are on/off cz all of em return to default state.......

Could anyone at Adafruit IO pls pls pls pls help me??????

and before u say it,.........no i cant have multiple feeds, its wayy too much clutter and also im using ifttt which doesnt allow so many feeds
Attachments
{02CFFA90-81E3-4CC1-94BD-66E3B0C9C79E}.png
{02CFFA90-81E3-4CC1-94BD-66E3B0C9C79E}.png (16.67 KiB) Viewed 5793 times

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”