Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality.

IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Re: IDEAS: ADAFRUIT IO FEATURE SUGGESTIONS

by paolometeo on Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:00 am

Hi, the IO graph are beautiful. I plot meteorological variables with them and I have the problem to often change the y scale, because I want to maintain the scale span for the y axis, but automatically change min and max value. The pressure graph is an example: it is useful to show the pressure variation without changing its scale.

paolometeo

by brubell on Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:21 am

paolometeo wrote:Hi, the IO graph are beautiful. I plot meteorological variables with them and I have the problem to often change the y scale, because I want to maintain the scale span for the y axis, but automatically change min and max value. The pressure graph is an example: it is useful to show the pressure variation without changing its scale.

Could you include a screenshot(s) showing what you'd like to see?

brubell

by paolometeo on Sat Apr 04, 2020 6:08 am

https://io.adafruit.com/paolometeo/dash ... et-tx1-tx2
Look at Pressure line chart in my dashboard, the Pressure scale is automatically detect, this mean that min, max values are computed on the base of data, but the difference between max and mean can change with time. It would be better if only min value is automatically set by the application and you can set the difference with the max value or viceversa.

paolometeo

by ZeroState on Tue Apr 07, 2020 4:08 pm

I think someone already suggested this, but adding a smoothing option for line graphs in dashboards would make the data less noisy.

Also, dashboards or feeds should be embeddable!! Simply adding the option to embed when you click the sharing icon would make it much easier to get my data out there.

Also, the option for X/Y axis labels on line graphs doesn't seem to do anything - there are no labels that appear on the graphs.

ZeroState

by ZeroState on Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:16 pm

ZeroState wrote:I think someone already suggested this, but adding a smoothing option for line graphs in dashboards would make the data less noisy.

Also, dashboards or feeds should be embeddable!! Simply adding the option to embed when you click the sharing icon would make it much easier to get my data out there.

Also, the option for X/Y axis labels on line graphs doesn't seem to do anything - there are no labels that appear on the graphs.

Also, allowing people that are viewing public data the ability to change the timespan they are looking at would be helpful, so people can choose what time range they are looking at when they see my data instead of me manually changing it.

ZeroState

by Systembolaget on Fri May 15, 2020 3:24 am

AIO really is just great, but one essential feature is sadly missing: being able to delete stale data from feeds. While prototyping, often much redundant data accumulates. One should be able to wipe, delete or clear old data. Surely, Adafruit doesn't want to host all that old stuff until the end of time ; )

Having to re-create deleted feeds each time messes with the AIO dashboard charts, the AIO dashboard itself, IFTTT and Zapier; not at all convenient!

Systembolaget

by Systembolaget on Fri May 15, 2020 3:28 am

ZeroState wrote:I think someone already suggested this, but adding a smoothing option for line graphs in dashboards would make the data less noisy.

Ain't that a coding task, using average, running average, running median, olympic mean, mode, and other filters?

Systembolaget

by Systembolaget on Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:01 pm

Being able to delete all data from a feed or within a selected date/time range is essential.

Systembolaget

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.