IFTTT App Base64 Support?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
patrickmoffitt

IFTTT App Base64 Support?

Post by patrickmoffitt »

Hello Forum,

The Adafruit IFTTT App "If Any new data on [feed_name feed], then Send me an email at [[email protected]]" does not appear to support base64 encoded data. I've tested it with other data types from other feeds and I get the email messages. When I set it up for a base64 encoded (image data) feed it never runs. The base64 data are correctly encoded. (They look fine on the AIO Dashboard.)

Questions:
Is this an intended/supported use? If not, (apologies) where did I miss the directions saying base64 is not supported?

If it is intended, has anyone gotten this to work? If so what were the steps to set up the feed?

Is this the best way to go about such a thing? My intent is to get the base64 data via IFTTT somehow. Is there a better way? Ideally, I'd like an IFTTT App that not only sends email or a notification but also converts the base64 data into a PNG/JPEG before sending it. I'd be happy to join a project to build such a thing if anyone's interested.

Cheers,

abachman

Re: IFTTT App Base64 Support?

Post by abachman »

Hi patrickmoffitt,

The issue may have been due to our handling of feeds with no history as a trigger for IFTTT. When feed history was turned off, IO searched for "any new data since ..." when IFTTT came asking and came up with nothing every time.

We've deployed a fix that will allow our end to work with IFTTT in that case.

Can you let me know if you're able to receive data on your IFTTT trigger now?

- adam b.

patrickmoffitt

Re: IFTTT App Base64 Support?

Post by patrickmoffitt »

Thanks for working on this issue. I really appreciate it.

Here's what I've tried so far:

1. I clicked the Check now button on my IFTTT Applet. After waiting an hour the status remained Never run.
2. I waited until more data arrived in the feed. I then went back to IFTTT and checked the Applet. The status was Never run.
3. I clicked the Check now button on my IFTTT Applet. After waiting an hour the status was Never run.
4. I created a new IFTTT Applet using the Adafruit Any new data service (Applet version ID 85067746) and the same base 64 feed. I clicked the Check now button on this IFTTT Applet. I waited until more data arrived in the feed. I then went back to IFTTT and checked the new Applet. The status was Never run.

This is all I can think of to do on my end. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”