Dashboard Just Quit Working
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Dashboard Just Quit Working

by schellem on Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:08 am

I've had a Dashboard, https://io.adafruit.com/schellem/dashboards/temps, going for many months then all of a sudden last week I just get an empty page that pretty much trashes the browser instance also.

I've made no changes in many months, I see no error other Dashboards can be viewed. Chrome becomes unresponsive once I visit ttps://io.adafruit.com/schellem/dashboards/temps

How do I go about figuring out what is going on?

schellem

Re: Dashboard Just Quit Working

by adafruit2 on Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:02 am

? we just clicked and saw some stove temps? :)

adafruit2
Site Admin

by schellem on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:45 am

Still fails in Chrome and IE, I created a new Dashboard that uses same data and works fine. I was able to get the debugger tools up in IE and see a 404 hitting https://io.adafruit.com/api/v2/sessions
Attachments
AdfruitError.PNG
AdfruitError.PNG (16.22 KiB) Viewed 94 times

schellem

by abachman on Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:32 am

Hi schellem,

We're looking into the problem now.

- Adam B.

abachman

by abachman on Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:55 pm

schellem,

Can you take a look at your dashboard to make sure you can see it and if so, try to make an edit? We just deployed some new code/features today that should help with your issue, but that's the first time we've made changes to the dashboard in the last month or so.

The layout engine we're using to render dashboards in the browser balks if the layout data gets even a little bit corrupted. In this case, it's trying to make sure blocks don't overlap and one of the blocks was coming up as having no location which caused an infinite loop. That's also why the browser tab completely locked up. Give Chrome an infinite loop that never stack-overflows and it'll happily churn forever.

The initial corruption is hard to track down since it's rare and only in some browsers (I suspect IE). My best guess, given that you hadn't changed anything and we hadn't changed anything, is that a browser update changed something out from under us, but it'll take more research.

And the 404 in you saw on /api/v2/sessions is normal when you're browsing and not logged in. It's a first-level auth check that happens every time someone visits io.adafruit.com/*. 404 here means, "this is not a recognized browser session".

- adam b.

abachman

by schellem on Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:04 pm

Opens fine now. FYI, I saw the issue in both IE and Chrome, I didn't try FF.

schellem

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.