Can't connect to Adafruit IO with Feather M0 WiFi w/ATWINC1
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Can't connect to Adafruit IO with Feather M0 WiFi w/ATWINC1

by pmezey on Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:32 pm

I started with a simple project but it failed during the "io.connect()" call in the setup() method. The status text is "Disconnected from Adafruit IO.". I then backtracked to one of the out-of-the-box examples found in the Arduino IDE under the group Adafruit IO Arduino->adafruitio_15_temp_humidity. I had this one working fine with a feather Huzzah ESP8266 so I took that code and commented out all the sensors, hardcoded some temperature and humidity values just to let that somewhat clean example try to connect but I get the same error on the M0 board.

I've also downloaded examples from the WiFi101 grouping and have successfully connected to my network and even executed the WiFiWebClient which connects to google and does a simple query. That worked fine so I know the M0 works fine, the wifi on it works fine, but the AdafruitIO is not working so fine.

Next I tried to blend a little of the two examples. First try was to include the Wifi.setPins(8,7,4,2) as first line in setup() before calling io.connect(), but that didn't work. Second try was that plus adding a call to WiFi.begin(ssid, pass) and printing out some connection data before calling io.connect() with the only difference that it first reports "Network disconnected" followed by "Disconnected from Adafruit IO". The full output from this last try looks like this:

Attempting to connect to SSID: garbanzoreli
Connected to wifi
SSID: garbanzoreli
IP Address: 10.0.1.28
signal strength (RSSI):-42 dBm
Connecting to Adafruit IOAdafruitIO::connect()
Network disconnected.
Disconnected from Adafruit IO.

I've just added a sample sketch (cause it's worth a 1000 words) that works fine with the Huzzah ESP8266 but not with the Feather M0. I did remove all my keys, passwords, and usernames from config.h before uploading so no... that's not the issue.

I must be missing something very simple but need an extra set of eyes.

thanks in advance - peter
Attachments
config.h
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
SampleAdafruiIO.ino
(2.57 KiB) Downloaded 8 times

pmezey

Re: Can't connect to Adafruit IO with Feather M0 WiFi w/ATW

by pmezey on Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:59 pm

Figured it out. Or Adafruit did! I was looking at older posts and found the same issue reported (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=142691) and the solution was to update the SSL certificates. Worked!! Thanks!!

pmezey

Re: Can't connect to Adafruit IO with Feather M0 WiFi w/ATW

by brubell on Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:11 am

pmezey wrote:Figured it out. Or Adafruit did! I was looking at older posts and found the same issue reported (viewtopic.php?f=56&t=142691) and the solution was to update the SSL certificates. Worked!! Thanks!!

Updated the 'Welcome to Adafruit IO: FAQ Page' to detail this problem and solution: https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-a ... ect#faq-11

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.