Latest/current location on map
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Latest/current location on map

by incognico on Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:20 am

Not sure if I'm missing something obvious here... as this seems like a simple use case.

The map block does a nice job of showing the location points as they are uploaded, however - they all look the same. There isn't a marker showing the current/latest position. If I am tracking a vehicle that repeats the same route (for example), I can't see where it actually is now, only that it's somewhere on the previously-logged route. Or, during a one-way journey... I can't look at the map and tell which way the car is going.

Yes I can start clicking on the points to see date/times etc, but I'd expect a nice big marker to identify the latest/current position. Is this possible?

incognico

Re: Latest/current location on map

by ritzy_owl on Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:57 pm

I would also like to know this. I have a clumsy workaround for now. If you turn feed history off in your feed menu every time you refresh the dashboard with the map on it, it will show the current location before slowly repopulating again with new location data published after the refresh.

I also wish you could choose the zoom level that the map starts at. The map starts out as 30 by 30 mile map. I use this as a gps tracker for my dogs and if I use the refresh work around to continually find just their current location I have to zoom in about 5 times for a usable zoom level on every refresh.

ritzy_owl

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.