Get unixtime of value on feather / arduino

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
mattxbart

Get unixtime of value on feather / arduino

Post by mattxbart »

Hi,
I've been looking around for an example of how to get the "created" value from a feed on arduino, like the one you see in the io.adafruit.com feed interface. I have a handleMessage function that does the following:

Code: Select all

void handleMessage(AdafruitIO_Data *data) {

Serial.print("received <- ");
  Serial.println(data->value());
  digitalWrite(5, HIGH);       // sets the digital pin 5 on
  delay(1000);                  // waits for a second
  digitalWrite(5, LOW);        // sets the digital pin 5 off
  delay(1000);             

}
I can't figure out how to get the created date (preferably as a unix timestamp) of the message so I can do a date comparison with a RTC or the time feed so I can ignore old messages. Basically I only want to process messages that have been sent within the last minute and ignore everything else so I don't process irrelevant data.

Another way I could do it is only grab messages in the feed within a minute of the current time (by a filter of some sort?) but I couldn't figure out how to do that either. I've seen the REST examples but I'm on an arduino using the AdafruitIO_WiFi lib so I'm having trouble how that is done. My feed setup looks like this:

Code: Select all

// set up the feed
AdafruitIO_Feed *myfeed = io.feed("myfeed");
I would think I could somehow filter the feed results to limit them by created date > minute old within the loop.

Thanks for your help and any guidance.

-Matt

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”