Adafruit MQTT library for Particle Devices
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit MQTT library for Particle Devices

by timgtech on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:55 am

Hi!

Is there a library for Adafruit IO MQTT specific for Particle Devices such as the Photo, Electron and new Mesh devices they have?

Thanks!

timgtech

Re: Adafruit MQTT library for Particle Devices

by brubell on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:51 am

timgtech wrote:Hi!

Is there a library for Adafruit IO MQTT specific for Particle Devices such as the Photo, Electron and new Mesh devices they have?

Thanks!

You might want to take a look at this guide - we don't officially support Particle Hardware but we'll help you through any issues you might have connecting them to IO - https://www.hackster.io/anasdalintakam/ ... -io-6e1d22

brubell

by timgtech on Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:04 am

@brubell

Thanks for replying. Actually I have done that very same guide and it covers Publishing and I was able to get it to work. However, it does not fully cover Subscribing to feeds and that is where my hangup really is. I was trying to use it as a guide for setting up switches on the dashboard to toggle LEDs on and off and so far have no luck. I have no idea what correct functions and syntax to use for subscribing. I tried going off of the digital_out library example for Arduino but does not work with the particle devices it seems.

timgtech

by franklin97355 on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:06 pm

Have you tried the Particle forums yet? That would be a good source of information.

franklin97355

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.