Custom webhook URL
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Custom webhook URL

by mc9625 on Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:33 pm

Is there a way to change the webhook url to something else? A kind of cuztomized URL.

mc9625

Re: Custom webhook URL

by brubell on Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:04 am

mc9625 wrote:Is there a way to change the webhook url to something else? A kind of cuztomized URL.

Adafruit IO does not currently support custom webhook URLs. What would you be using it for?

brubell

by mc9625 on Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:07 am

Well, I' trying to make an Action for Google Home (and Alexa) that should let people control their own device via voice. The plan was to ask the users to sign in on a url page with their google Account and then type a specific code. That code would have been part of the url for the webhook. Unfortunately right now the alfanumeric generated url is really long and complicated to be easily inserted by digit. Ok I can leave with it, but I was wondering if there was a way to make that part of the url shorter.

mc9625

by brubell on Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:50 pm

mc9625 wrote:Well, I' trying to make an Action for Google Home (and Alexa) that should let people control their own device via voice. The plan was to ask the users to sign in on a url page with their google Account and then type a specific code. That code would have been part of the url for the webhook. Unfortunately right now the alfanumeric generated url is really long and complicated to be easily inserted by digit. Ok I can leave with it, but I was wondering if there was a way to make that part of the url shorter.

Could you use a URL shortener? Google has their own over at https://goo.gl/

brubell

by mc9625 on Sun Feb 24, 2019 9:17 am

Actually using a url shortner doesn't seem an option. The http post doesn't seem working using the shorten version of the webhook url.

mc9625

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.