How do I display feed data from now back 2 days?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How do I display feed data from now back 2 days?

by themusicman on Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:40 pm

Hi all

So I have historical data in two of my feeds, not much, but plenty of readings uploaded to the feed over a few days, however each time I load a dashboard containing the feeds with this data, I see no historical data in the graph, and the plot once again commences from the very left of the chart at the start of the “y” axis.

Is there a way to show historical data when loading a dashboard?

Thanks folks
John.

themusicman

Re: How do I display feed data from now back 2 days?

by brubell on Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:30 pm

If you edit the dashboard ( the green gear icon), the line graph will have a dropdown with a few time options. You can go as far back as 30 days.
Attachments
IO_-_BME280_Feather.png
IO_-_BME280_Feather.png (37.31 KiB) Viewed 93 times

brubell

by themusicman on Mon Feb 25, 2019 5:24 pm

brubell wrote:If you edit the dashboard ( the green gear icon), the line graph will have a dropdown with a few time options. You can go as far back as 30 days.

Thanks, but I have tried this and all I get is a blank chart where once again the selected feed starts plotting from the left most point on the x axis (i.e. x=0)

I can't seem to get the graph to plot any of the existing data points over the Course of the last few days.

themusicman

by abachman on Tue Feb 26, 2019 1:12 pm

Hi themusicman,

Can you take a screenshot of what you mean by, "the plot once again commences from the very left of the chart at the start of the “y” axis"? Can you also take a look at your list of feeds and your live data monitor while your device is publishing and report on what you're seeing there?

It sounds like either the chart is doing something unexpected, data is going to an unexpected place, or the data you're sending is in a format IO doesn't recognize as a number.

A few things to check on are: is your dashboard block pointing at exactly the same feed that is receiving data and does the data you're sending match a valid numerical format? In IO's case that means you value contains only numbers, a single decimal point, and an optional leading - sign.

- adam

abachman

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.