Offline control when not connected to internet.
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Offline control when not connected to internet.

by vishalg8454 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:17 am

hi ,
I am new to adafruit io and could get started with it quite easily.
However, I am still trying to figure out is there any way to have offline control to feeds (via pushbuttons) if there is non-availability of internet connection ? I don't know if there is such provision in adafruit IO itself or this has already been worked out earlier.
Any inputs are welcome .
Thanks
Vishal

vishalg8454

Re: Offline control when not connected to internet.

by brubell on Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:18 pm

You need an active internet connection to communicate between Adafruit IO Web and a device for instantaneous response.

Clicking a push-button while the device is off will set the feed value to the value of the push button, regardless of if the device is online or offline. When the device comes back online, you can grab the value of the feed (which was changed while the device was offline).

brubell

by vishalg8454 on Mon Feb 25, 2019 2:26 pm

Oops, I forgot to mention that I was talking about a real world physical button. A push button that could get me the hold of feed when the device isn't connected to adafruit io web (for ex, no wifi connection).
Is this possible ?

vishalg8454

by brubell on Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:01 pm

vishalg8454 wrote:Oops, I forgot to mention that I was talking about a real world physical button. A push button that could get me the hold of feed when the device isn't connected to adafruit io web (for ex, no wifi connection).
Is this possible ?

This isn't possible, you'd need to be connected to the internet to use a device with Adafruit IO

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.