Bluefruit and Adafruit IO communication?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Bluefruit and Adafruit IO communication?

by K80Bot on Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:51 pm

I'm trying to build a physical notifier for paypal transactions for a client who travels extensively- to keep things simple and not force them to constantly change the wifi settings, I wanted to see if I could get Adafruit IO to ping my feather 32u4 over bluetooth.
Following the basic bones of the gmailer: https://learn.adafruit.com/gmailbox/introduction
I have an ifft applet pushing data to Adafruit IO whenever an email from service@paypal.com comes through, but I can't figure out a way to get that to ping the feather over bluetooth rather than wifi.
I'm new to the bluefruit suite and I've been playing around with it, getting my physical response to trigger from inputs through the app, but I was really hoping for some integration between Adafruit IO and Bluefruit.
Any suggestions? Things I should look at? Dumb things I've overlooked?
There are so many rad applications for this if it's possible, hopefully I'm just being dumb and missing something!

K80Bot

Re: Bluefruit and Adafruit IO communication?

by brubell on Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:00 am

I have an ifft applet pushing data to Adafruit IO whenever an email from service@paypal.com comes through, but I can't figure out a way to get that to ping the feather over bluetooth rather than wifi.

Adafruit IO's BlueFruit support is for sending and receiving data over feeds or groups. Using an Adafruit IO integration such as IFTTT (along with other integrations such as Dark Sky) is not officially supported over the BlueFruit app.

You may want to look at the settings, to make sure you're connecting properly:
https://learn.adafruit.com/datalogging- ... t-settings

Any suggestions? Things I should look at? Dumb things I've overlooked?

You might want to look into using a CircuitPython board over WiFi - it's much easier to change the wifi settings (it's just a file on the board v.s re-compiling and uploading code on the Arduino). We currently support the PyPortal with this library, but there are going to be more options.

brubell

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.