Feeds stopped recording -- IO Plus user with Particle Photon
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Feeds stopped recording -- IO Plus user with Particle Photon

by maxwellfaraday on Tue May 07, 2019 3:28 pm

Everything working well up until April 24, then recording stopped. Probably something silly on my end. Maybe I've hit a storage limit? Can't seem to determine. Thanks.

maxwellfaraday

Re: Feeds stopped recording -- IO Plus user with Particle Ph

by maxwellfaraday on Wed May 08, 2019 8:05 pm

Attempted to connect a Huzzah to IO and discovered that it too would not publish. Modified the code to use Adafruit_IO Arduino library rather than the MQTT approach that had been successful up until 4/24/19. It ended up working once I figured out the ArduinoHTTP 8266 firmware downgrade requirement. I was struggling until I found this. https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-io- ... uit-io-faq

I haven't even begun to tackle the Particle Photon code, which I assume has the same issue. What happened here and why did this stop working suddenly on 4/24/19? Do you plan to continue supporting particle.io feeds on adafruit.io? I realize that you don't make the photon and electron, and I am not looking for specific support on them, but you do sell adafruit.io and I am a happy buyer.

I have 38 feeds on adafruit.io, 37 of which come from Photons. Some of these are installed at real customer's installations. (I first discovered this problem when a large backup generator did not report its auto-cycle.) If I have to modify the code on all of these, it's going to be a massive hassle and time suck.

I love you guys and would love to do as much business as possible with you, but I need to know that my gear is not going to break. At least very often.

Thanks.

maxwellfaraday

by brubell on Thu May 09, 2019 9:10 am

Modified the code to use Adafruit_IO Arduino library rather than the MQTT approach that had been successful up until 4/24/19. It ended up working once I figured out the ArduinoHTTP 8266 firmware downgrade requirement.

Our logs indicate no interruption of service occurred on 4.24.19, possibly this is an issue on your end - from the customer's network?

I haven't even begun to tackle the Particle Photon code, which I assume has the same issue. What happened here and why did this stop working suddenly on 4/24/19? Do you plan to continue supporting particle.io feeds on adafruit.io? I realize that you don't make the photon and electron, and I am not looking for specific support on them, but you do sell adafruit.io and I am a happy buyer.

While we don't officially support particle feeds on Adafruit IO, our suggested method of linking particle data is using webhooks from the Particle Cloud console to send data to Adafruit IO's feeds.

I am not sure how you have your configuration setup - are the Particle feeds reporting data and the Adafruit IO feeds aren't?

brubell

by maxwellfaraday on Fri May 10, 2019 2:54 pm

Thanks for the reply. The problem existed independent of network, independent of device. I was able to get the Photons working by powering down / reflashing. My problem is that I didn't learn the cause of the initial problem. Sorry if my frustration manifested itself negatively in the comment. I admire what you are doing.

maxwellfaraday

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.