0

Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 Support
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 Support

by woolsey on Thu May 16, 2019 4:28 pm

Are there any plans for Adafruit IO to support the Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 board? I assume this support, if added, would be included in the Adafruit_IO_Arduino library.

woolsey
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 Support

by brubell on Tue May 21, 2019 10:37 am

Adafruit IO Arduino should be compatible with the new AirLift WiFi configuration - Arduino also uses the WiFiNINA library, but you may need to fiddle around in the config.h file's pin configuration.

https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-io-basics-airlift

brubell
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Re: Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 Support

by woolsey on Tue May 21, 2019 5:15 pm

Thank you for the response.
I tried using the USE_AIRLIFT configuration of the adafruitio_00_publish example sketch with the following pin settings
AdafruitIO_WiFi io(IO_USERNAME, IO_KEY, WIFI_SSID, WIFI_PASS, SPIWIFI_SS, SPIWIFI_ACK, SPIWIFI_RESET, NINA_GPIO0, &SPI);
but am getting the following error.
AdafruitIO_AIRLIFT.h:163:16: error: 'class WiFiClass' has no member named 'setPins'
WiFi.setPins(_ssPin, _ackPin, _rstPin, _gpio0Pin, _wifi);

It does not appear the WiFiNINA has the appropriate setPins function.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

woolsey
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 Support

by brubell on Wed May 22, 2019 10:21 am

woolsey wrote:Thank you for the response.
I tried using the USE_AIRLIFT configuration of the adafruitio_00_publish example sketch with the following pin settings
AdafruitIO_WiFi io(IO_USERNAME, IO_KEY, WIFI_SSID, WIFI_PASS, SPIWIFI_SS, SPIWIFI_ACK, SPIWIFI_RESET, NINA_GPIO0, &SPI);
but am getting the following error.
AdafruitIO_AIRLIFT.h:163:16: error: 'class WiFiClass' has no member named 'setPins'
WiFi.setPins(_ssPin, _ackPin, _rstPin, _gpio0Pin, _wifi);

It does not appear the WiFiNINA has the appropriate setPins function.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.



The Adafruit Version of the library has the setPins function, it doesn't exist in the Arduino branch. Click download zip on this repository, not the releases page: https://github.com/adafruit/WiFiNINA. I added instructions on installing the Adafruit branch to the learn guide I linked earlier.

I also purchased one of these boards so I could test it out next week with this library.

brubell
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Re: Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 Support

by woolsey on Wed May 22, 2019 4:29 pm

Thank you very much brubell for the information. I was able to get everything working using the Adafruit version of the WiFiNINA library. I would like to mention, however, that the modified library uses the same name and still states that it is provided by Arduino which makes it a bit confusing in manually managing the libraries. Do you know if these library updates will be integrated into Arduino's official library in the future?

Thanks again for your help! It is much appreciated!

woolsey
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 Support

by brubell on Thu May 23, 2019 10:51 am

woolsey wrote:Thank you very much brubell for the information. I was able to get everything working using the Adafruit version of the WiFiNINA library. I would like to mention, however, that the modified library uses the same name and still states that it is provided by Arduino which makes it a bit confusing in manually managing the libraries. Do you know if these library updates will be integrated into Arduino's official library in the future?

Thanks again for your help! It is much appreciated!


Just got my Rev2 in the mail and will be testing it this am- glad you had success! More likely is for an Adafruit version of that library, since we'll be targeting our boards/breakouts/future products with it.

brubell
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Re: Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 Support

by woolsey on Thu May 23, 2019 5:11 pm

brubell wrote:
woolsey wrote:Thank you very much brubell for the information. I was able to get everything working using the Adafruit version of the WiFiNINA library. I would like to mention, however, that the modified library uses the same name and still states that it is provided by Arduino which makes it a bit confusing in manually managing the libraries. Do you know if these library updates will be integrated into Arduino's official library in the future?

Thanks again for your help! It is much appreciated!


Just got my Rev2 in the mail and will be testing it this am- glad you had success! More likely is for an Adafruit version of that library, since we'll be targeting our boards/breakouts/future products with it.


If that is the case, can it be named something different so as not to interfere with the original?

woolsey
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:09 pm

Re: Arduino Uno WiFi Rev2 Support

by brubell on Fri May 24, 2019 9:22 am

Yup - we'll be naming it differently.

brubell
 
Posts: 402
Joined: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:33 pm

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.